Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

confused, plz help

Posted by james1 (jamesB), 31 March 2004
I am wondering if anyone could help me with an issue that is bugging me. I haven't set up as self employed yet because I haven't done any jobs yet but I have brought most of my tools and kept the receipts/ invoices. These invoices will be dated before the self-employment start date so can I still claim for the kit next year when I am assessed?

One other query: I currently work part-time 2 hours mon-fri early mornings 5.45-7.45am as a cleaner. I plan on doing my window cleaning jobs starting at about 9am. I don't pay any tax for this job because I don't earn enough. Can I still become self-employed even though I am employed already? Any advice on this would be great,

Thanks  
Posted by steve_wright (steve_wright), 31 March 2004
James

Yes you can still become self employed.

Make sure you keep a record of all purchases.Even if you don't want to keep acurate records just put every thing relevant in a shoe box or similar and hand it to an accountant at the end of the year.

Also give the Tax office a call and explain to them what you are doing and they will help you out.

Steve  Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.