Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Ladder Safety

Posted by Mick_Taylor (Mick_Taylor), 12 November 2003
A couple of days ago a customer lent me their ladder stand off- a B & Q one I think- to use whilst doing their house.
What do you guys think of them and the other ladder safety extras i.e mitts & anti slip devices

Posted by jake (jake), 13 November 2003
Mike

Stand offs are okay on the right job and would recommend leaving one in the van just 'in case'. We use one on a large office block where once set up can be moved from window to window. We put it on a few rungs down from the top, and rest the stand off just under the cill, you can work higher on the ladder than normal while holding on to the top of the ladder. great for doing 'tall windows' especially if your a 'short a*&^%s like me!!!!    Shocked
Posted by Bryan_Dolby (Bryan_Dolby), 13 November 2003
Mick
Have you seen the ladder fix microlight  Huh
its in the federation video Huh
Not cheap around £100.00
I would not go up a ladder without one
The wheels compress onto the wall
bryan
Posted by Bones (Bones), 13 November 2003
I just recieved today a stand off i bought from scrim city and it has the "V" bit for the corners of houses. At £15.99 (+vat) I thought it was a good price just to try one out and it'll be handy to keep in the motor. I'll let you know how i get on with it. Grin Grin

also got a mobile fone holder and a wallet free!!! Grin Grin

http://www.scrimcity.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=354

Mikey
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 14 November 2003
Hi Mikey,
            You will find that useful when you do any gutter cleaning Cheesy

Steve
Posted by Mick_Taylor (Mick_Taylor), 14 November 2003
Thanks guys.I have just gone & spent the wife's housekeeping on 16 quid jobbie!!
Thanks for the advice.
Posted by Bones (Bones), 15 November 2003
Cheers Steve!

The Stand off done it's first job today! Grin A customer of mine phoned me and asked if i could get to a security light at the top corner of her house and change the bulb as her son got up there on his ladders but could not reach it. As the old stand off had the triangle cut out for the edges of houses it worked a treat!!! Grin Grin Grin Grin

Mikey
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 15 November 2003
Has anyone tried the laddermat, its great for the uneven ground, before I used to use a bit of wood now I can use the Laddermat and feel safe  Cool
Posted by crystal (crystal), 15 November 2003
on 11/15/03 at 22:49:46, Majestic wrote:
Has anyone tried the laddermat, its great for the uneven ground, before I used to use a bit of wood now I can use the Laddermat and feel safe  Cool

hi majestic
i bought the laddermat when i started wc a month ago due to being nervy of ladders, used first day & thought it made the world of difference , have not used it since but its reassuring to know that its there if needed incidentally ive heard its good for decking too,  can anyone confirm this.   cheers Cool Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.