Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Leather Cleaning

Posted by Tony45 (Tony45), 2 November 2003
I have a cream leather 3 seater, bought it about 3 months ago now it is looking dirty, what is the best stuff to clean it with  ?
Posted by peewa (neil 47), 2 November 2003
johnson baby wipes with lotion Cool
Posted by DP (DP), 2 November 2003
Yup got the same only different colour (still light though so same probs).

Manufacturers advised only clean filtered or bottled water wipe down weekly and a mixture useing  natural soap flakes like Dreft 3 monthly, but no more frequent then that.

Rinse well with no soap residue left anywhere. Seems to work ok.

Posted by Clean_Waterless (Clean_Waterless), 2 November 2003
Hi

We have a perfect leather cleaner which will not ruin the treated surface of sofas when applied. You can order it from our web site at http://www.waterlesscarcleaning.com/product_list.html Interior Cleaner / universal 3. The product is used extensively by our valeters for upholstery cleaning. Try it and let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Gary Mansfield
Posted by LTT (LTT), 2 November 2003
Please please please DO NOT use baby wipes.  Huh Wipe down regularly with a damp cloth, apply Protection Cream to help avoid dye transfer and clean with Leather Master Soft or Strong Cleaner.  We also have products for dye transfer if this is the specific problem.

Products available from www.LTTsolutions.netfor consumers and trade.

Leather cleaning and repair courses also available
Posted by petra (petra), 2 November 2003
Please do not use baby wipes, one of mine friends did this, her suit ended up cracking and flacking within months, I only damp wipe mine ith a very mild solution of detergent and the wipe with clean damp cloth to remove soap residue and allow to dry before I apply a leather protector and nourisher...
Petra
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 2 November 2003
yep baby wipes are bad espically with a low grade leather, it really can ruin them in the long run, mind you i have seen an add £25 leather sofa cleaned!!

must be the baby wipe man Wink
Posted by DP (DP), 2 November 2003
Waterless.
Just had a look (impressive)

When my sofa's need rejuvenating, Ill now know exactly what to use. Looks like its good for plastics and fabrics as well.

Thats quite a universal product that one!

DP.
Posted by Tony45 (Tony45), 2 November 2003
Thanks everyone you have been a mine of information.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.