Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Cleaning Ground Floor Glass(Pure Water)

Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 30 January 2004
Is there anyone on the group that uses the pure water system for cleaning ground
floor windows? If so,what tools,brushes, hand poles etc. etc. are used ?
I`ve never seen any in all the brochures/catalouges I have.Is it a case of being more
beneficial to use a strip washer and squeegee,and pure water window cleaning is for
the high window glass only.What are members views  and opinions, thanks in advance.

Lewis Doubtfire,Gleem Clean (Blade Runner)

Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 30 January 2004
I clean pub georgian pub windows quicker than by hand but it does take practice and any windows that I used to do with a pointer I use the same brush thats at the top of the pole.But on big panes (say 1 metre sq.) your bladerunner is quicker. I also use it on anything else I I can get away with as its got to be a pain doing it with  the blades.
Lewis  your RO will ALWAYS produce H2O at zero tds so your high tank readings must be because of some other reason.
jeff

Posted by T_W_CONTRACTS (T_W_CONTRACTS), 30 January 2004
pure water for ground floor your having a laugh Grin Grin

cant you use a squeege
I use whatever is faster -dont you ?
Posted by T_W_CONTRACTS (T_W_CONTRACTS), 30 January 2004
yeh surely a squeege is faster unless you are doing
leaded lights
Not at all, there are situations where one will be faster than the other, if all work was on a level surface and only say 6 ft from the ground then squeegee but if you have uneven ground or difficult glass then wfp and or squeegee may earn you more.
Did you know you can wfp in the dark- "Night busters 24 hour window cleaning" think about it.
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 31 January 2004
this might come across the wrong way but if you say "whatever is faster etc" is the only reason you use this wfp thing just for speed....i mean i thought it was some kind of better quility thing? surly by the time you spend all that money ....rig it to the van...worry about it killing you in an accident(touchy one that)...and most of  all spening all that time taking it in and out of the van etc...woulnt a ldder be just as economical
Embarassed Undecided Undecided Lips Sealed Huh Roll Eyes Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
i know i should shut up because i dont have one and i havnt a clue ..but i would be gratfull if anyone could correct me on these points...as i was in two minds of getting one sorted out...they seem like alot of hard work just to save time and effort on ladders

just read above post...ok...fair enough and i can also see how they would be better on a big glass building or factory...but residential and light commercial....really??
Posted by Diamond_Vision (Jeff Brimble), 1 February 2004
VGC with 53 posts you obviously have an enquiring mind, but Its not my place and I just dont have the time  to covert all 1000 +  members to the pros and cons of a wfp, "You can take a horse to ( RO/DI )water but you cannot make it drink".
Only trying to help.
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 4 February 2004
Hi all we use both squeege and wfp never for 1st floor windows and no pointers either.Pole and squeege and then fixi clamp after to do detail.
Posted by paul (paul), 4 February 2004
i use what evers quicker or easier depending on the glass to be cleaned Shocked
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 4 February 2004
i do a show home with mock georgian stuck on. its on the coast and surrounded by building work. pure water is the best, quickest way to give the best finish, i use i short unger pole to stop my arms getting wet and just switch the brush over to it, usings peter's system

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.