Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Employee contracts

Posted by Blueshada (Blueshada), 12 August 2003
Hi everyone

I am starting a new domestic & office cleaning service, does anyone know the best place to find some employee sample contracts without having to pay loads of money!!

many thanks
Posted by ZD (ZD), 29 August 2003
I am experiencing the same issue, can anyone help?
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 29 August 2003
Hi
If all else fails try your local Chamber of Commerce - even if you're not a member they can be extremely helpful.
Posted by julieg (julieg), 1 September 2003
Go to the Department of Trade and Industry webiste where they have sample contracts. Below is the page details.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/individual/example-pl700a.htm
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 4 September 2003
Hi
go down to wh smith they have contracts there, usually in the stationary section

Martin Cool
Posted by David129 (David129), 4 September 2003
Personnally speaking Employment contracts are not worth the paper written on however you do have a duty to provide terms of employment. For just over £26 http://www.clickdocs.co.uk/employment-contract.htm this is as good a site as any but I would concur with my learned friend WH Smith at £9.99 can't really be beaten failing that only employ illegal immigrants it saves on all sorts of costs (joke!!!)  Cheesy Cheesy
Posted by Sparkle_n_Shine (Sparkle_n_Shine), 1 October 2003
Hi,
WH Smith, Office world and PC world do have some employee and other drafted contracts at reasonable prices.  Hope you can find what you want

Yours
Paul Smiley
Posted by woodman (woodman), 1 October 2003
Hi

Go to this site:

www.compactlaw.co.uk

they do an employers pack which is very good
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 1 October 2003
Hi
  If you are a member of the NFMWGC they will send you an employers pack free of charge as well. Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by Claire_Bennett (Claire_Bennett), 1 October 2003
Hi Blueshada, how many employees are you looking to take on?

Ive often wondered what would be the best kind of contract to have. If i take on say 5 employees on a permanent contract, i will have to pay them regardless of whether I have jobs for them. Is there an alternative? Could I set myself up as an agency? and would this mean I only pay them for the work that they do?

I want to attract reliable staff by paying them a good hourly rate + other incentives but I can't afford to pay them if I don't have the work

Any ideas ?
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 1 October 2003
You can as far as I am aware, sub-contract.

this means they are responsible for their own tax and national insurance Grin

So you have a job, you phone cleaner A pay X amount and that is that.

This is how i intend to operate

Hopefully Cheesy

Regards

martin

Posted by noracarlin (noracarlin), 2 October 2003
you don't have to pay for anything - if you're clever.

Try ACAS and goverment run websites - employment law is well documented.  Most areas have a business centre for small businesses - look in the phone book or try your local council or citizens advice.  DTI is good too.
There is loads of free info available.
The more you save - the more profit for you!

inlandrevenue.gov.uk is always a good starting point - there are plenty of good links.

Nora

Arleys Angels

Posted by vijay_jagannadhan (vijay_jagannadhan), 7 October 2003
hi,

i see that you r  having problems getting employes,im an M.B.A graduate holder,and have have been working in a service industry(cleaning) for two years as a site supervisor,and looking for a better oppertunity,if intrested,do contact me at

vijay_jagannadhan@yahoo.co.uk
Posted by abanal (abanal), 7 November 2003
on 10/01/03 at 17:46:41, Steve Lowe wrote:
Hi
  If you are a member of the NFMWGC they will send you an employers pack free of charge as well. Grin

Steve Lowe

hello Steve, what is the web address of the organisation you have quoted, i like a few others am on the brinkof taking on a big contract ad want to know as much as possible. If there is an organisation that s able to help i would like to have a look at what they have to offer.
Posted by DP (DP), 7 November 2003
Send me your email addresses and ill forward some that I got from Petra who helped me out.
Regards
DP
Posted by DP (DP), 7 November 2003
vijay,

what part of the country are you in ?
Posted by petra (petra), 7 November 2003
or you and pm me and i'll send you the contracts..........
after all what are cleaning buddies for ( yes it is Friday and the dreaded Pigeon poo is out of my life)  Grin Grin Grin Grin     Cool
Posted by Anj (Anj), 15 November 2003

There is a Publisher called

Indicators
Advisors & Publishers
Calgarth House
Ashford- Kent

Tele- 01233 653500
Fax- o1233 647100

My husband and friend are setting up a buiseness and this book called, Letters and Contracts was provided to them by our Accountant it has all the relavent forms and documents from Employee Contracts to Damaged goods forms i would suggest you try contacting them it has everything you need and step by step inductions
 good luck

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.