Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Cheap Prices - are they making a profit?

Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 27 September 2003
We are currently have competitors pricing office cleaning at £6.90 per hour. (exc. VAT) How can they be making a profit?..
Posted by www.deep-clean.co. (deep-clean.co.uk), 27 September 2003
Pay Cleaning Ops Minimum wage £4.20 (£4.50 October 1st) £2.70ph profit, less expenses.   Times this by 40 hours =£108.00 gross profit on a cleaners average week.  If they employ 10 Cleaners £1080.00 a week gross. It all depends on what sort of margin you are willing to accept!! And on what level of competition is in your area?
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 27 September 2003
My advice, set your price and what you want to earn, ignore competitor prices. Give a professional service and results.
If they are after price only, then ignore it.(they are after cheep!)
In my experiance people want a professional approach and top quaulity results at a resonable price. Make sure that the service you offer cant be beaten and go with confidence!
John
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 30 September 2003
Wink
Thanks we had just chnged our prices slightly to be more competitive.
Two proposals have went out this week and it looks good.

But i just wish that more people would look at the cleaning industry as a science and a cost effective way of saving on capital expenditure in the long term, rather than looking at the short term financial managers profit warnings. Huh
Cheesy Grin
Big up the cleaners.  Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.