Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

changed me mind.....(wheelie bin cleaning)

Posted by steve_tyler (steve_tyler), 16 September 2003
when i first came to these forums i thought about starting up a window cleaning round but have now changed my mind and gone into the wheelie bin cleaning game with a truck mount kit and all the bits and bobs that go with it Grin
Posted by nathan (nathan), 17 September 2003
Where did you purchase your equipment from?
Posted by steve_tyler (steve_tyler), 17 September 2003
Hi m8, i got it from the bin cleaning company based in hampshire....
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 19 September 2003
Hi steve long time no speak to, what changed your mind and how is it going. Is there alot of work involved to set up. Enviromental issues etc.
Speak soon Alan

Posted by steve_tyler (steve_tyler), 19 September 2003
Hi alan,
          It`s been in the back of my mind for three years and talking to my brother the other day he said he was pi**ed of with roofing so i said why dont we do something together and so it was born.
Yea m8 set up costs are fairly expensive and so is the amount of stationary and advertising stuff Cry
Had a bad start though with the truck-cleaning eqiupment being delayed for about 3 weeks and customers waiting for their bins to be cleaned.Hope to be picking it up around the middle of the week,fingers crossed.Hows it going with you?....steve......

You have customers already nice one good luck.

Yea I have been doing ok been quite busy took on a load of extra tree cutting work for the old girls not what I'm used to but all extra money hay.
The old forum has changed don't you think alot busyer
good to hear your almost up and running keep in touch with progress.
Good luck Alan
yea the forum is a lot busyer now and its nice to log on and read new posts right away rather than wait a couple a three hours if at all to read one.

getting customers fairly regulary but am desperate for a door to door canvasser as i need 2000 customers for the unit to run at full capacity for a 4 weekly cycle Sad
2000 is there much Competition in your area where your working?
Do the local councils get contractors in? or not get involved
Alan
no al,the council dont get involved and yes there is competition with another couple of units operating but there system is not as up to date as mine.
they have to manualy throw the bins into the wash position where`s mine lifts them by means of an hydroulic ram so in theory it looks more professional.
2000 customers seems alot but i have a target audience of 100,000.cheers m8 steve....

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.