Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

How do i get shop window work?

Posted by andy (andy), 17 September 2003
I live in kings cross (west central london), and i have had trouble trying to get shop window work! just getting rejection at the moment!

Any advice or contacts anyone?

cheers!

Andy.
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 17 September 2003
From my experience the people who have done well at this bought a round or part round from a retiring w.cl., you need a few to make it worth stopping the van.  Otherwise contact the store managers, leave a card and follow up at regular intervals, look for new malls and be the best on your block.
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 18 September 2003
Smiley well said the fed man! Cheesy
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 18 September 2003
I agree with the fed man but if you find someone with a shop round make sure that it is properley priced as a few years ago i was looking at one in Surrey and the prices had not been put up for years Cry

Steve Lowe
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 18 September 2003
Wink well said steve! Wink we see the pitfalls new window cleaners,I say that with respect Smiley could think o good
we have lots of work,yer right all bad! thats why I just dumped a contractor! Tongue
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 18 September 2003
Hi andy where in kings cross do you come from, my dad does most of the commercial buildings, shops etc at the station end of kings cross,calley rd, kings cross rd, pentonvile rd, grays inn rd, etc been doing so for 30 years, I first started cleaning with him 16 years ago aged 14.
Alan

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.