Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

My website what do you think?

Posted by allseasons (allseasons), 17 January 2004
hiya , I just about finished my website  Undecidedplease have a look and give me your feed back please.

www.allseasonswindowcleaning.co.uk

I was thinking about adding a page (find a window cleaner in your area) if any one would like to be added to this page please email me Michael@allseasonswindowcleaning.co.uk
with your details like website,area u work,email,phone numbers ect.

Please Note if you live in andover or hampshire you wont be added sorry build your own

p.s what you think about the online payment
Posted by fez (fez), 17 January 2004
Woah!! Shocked  That's really, really good!!

I'm impressed, nice use of photos,plenty of info.

It looks very professional.

I'll email you with my details for the "window cleaner in your area page. Wink

Top marks!
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 17 January 2004
Very nice site Micheal.  What software did you use to create the site Huh

Steve
Sorry, Forgot to ask, What hosting company did you use Huh

Steve
these loads, where do i start, dreamwMX,fireworksMX,xara,xaramenu maker,ect
Hi Micheal
              Why i asked is i was looking at website creator with one and one my hosting company and they had a template exactly the same design.

Steve
anyone that want's me to build them a website like mine please email me I would do it realy cheap.

1st year £120 that everything plus email and online payment's. after that £50 year.

Michael@allseasonwindowcleaning.co.uk
Hi Micheal
              Dont forget to go to your profile section and put your site on their as it all helps you with the search engines listings Wink

Steve
steve its from one&one and i have to say there hosting is realy poor, I will be moving very soon,  its cheap though.
Hi Micheal
              What problems have you had with one and one Huh

Steve
steve i have just done that  thanks. Wink
Posted by Bones (Bones), 17 January 2004
I agree, impressive site, well done that man! Wink

I am going to get my site going this year ASAP, but i'm being lazy and getting someone i know to do it for me and half the reason is he's just starting out on himself also (bit of back scrathing).

If anyone is interested in a look at his site and what he is capable to provide visit www.8ballmultimedia.com

Mikey
Posted by: Steve Lowe Posted on: Today at 9:53pm
Hi Micheal
    What problems have you had with one and one  

Steve  
you name it m8t , its happend. the main thing is after a hour they kick you out some times you loss alot of work.
there's to much to tell,just dont use them.
on 01/17/04 at 22:03:12, allseasons wrote:

Steve  
you name it m8t , its happened. the main thing is after a hour they kick you out some times you loss alot of work.
there's to much to tell,just don't use them.

Hi Micheal
              When you say they kicked you out after an hour do you mean with the website creator Huh

Steve
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 17 January 2004
Mike,

I love the site its very good and professional too.

The only thing is look at your contacts page - you spelt it contant information.  I may be sad but I spotted it.  Do you think I am sad?  But hey at least you can correct it.

Craig  Grin
Posted by Bones (Bones), 17 January 2004
Wrighty the proof reader!! Wink Grin

Mikey
thanks mate will change right away  Embarassed

mike
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 17 January 2004
Mike,

Dont mention it pal.

I wasn't being funny but the sooner its changed the closer to perfection.

Check you personal messages too Mike.

Craig
Thanks again, wrighty and Steve (fez) the spellings is now up to date Wink
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 18 January 2004
A job well done , roughly how long did it take  you to do it .I know it must have been a hour here and there
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 18 January 2004
Top man really good site.
Well done
Alan
Posted by allseasons (allseasons), 18 January 2004
It didnt realy take that long i did over 3-4 day's.
I have built a couple of website's before and know what software to use.

Thanks to everyone for spoting the spelling mistacks lol  Grin it my only Problem i can't spell.
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 18 January 2004
Hi mate
join the club word and my spell checker are a life saver to me.
No probs though good site.
Alan
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 18 January 2004
Very good site Michael.

I especially like the trickling graphics at the top.

Just one thing though, my english teacher used to go on about what she called "person consistency".  It means that you dont switch from "I" and "me" to "we" or "us"

I noticed at some places you say "I" and others "we" - this can be a bit confusing.  Sometimes its better to be impersonal:

"AllSeasons is based at..." instead of "I am based at..."

Also, the more you use your company name, the more people will remember it.

Sorry to be picky, but if I noticed that, others will too.

By the way, did you have to pay for that "PayPal" thing?  That's a great idea.

Silly
Posted by fez (fez), 18 January 2004
Yeah, I think Paypal is really interesting. More and more people are familiar with it these days through shopping on Ebay. If I could get all my customers to use it, I'd be laughing! Grin

Anyone else using Paypal successfully?  Huh
Posted by Neil (wylie), 18 January 2004
Hi Allseasons,
First class site I am impressed Cool
However please dont think I am critisizing but I found a small mistake in your conservatory section.
You have used two different spellings of the word the one in the title being correct.
And where you write
All work on roof's are done by ungers HI-FLO. Maybe you could try something like
All roof work is done using Ungers HI-FLO
Only my Humble opinion and in no way a criticism
In fact if you have no objection I may use one or two of your ideas on a site I am working on for myself.
Imitation is the finest form of flattery

Posted by sham33 (sham33), 18 January 2004
I would use nochex instead of paypal. Its UK based and easier to set up for customers who want to pay on line than paypal.
Posted by samm (samm), 18 January 2004
Top site, looks exellent, maybe u should do web design as a sideline  Smiley
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 19 January 2004
on 01/18/04 at 13:41:46, sham33 wrote:
I would use nochex instead of paypal. Its UK based and easier to set up for customers who want to pay on line than paypal.

Does anyone on this site use Nonchex with their websites Huh Do customers tend to use it much Huh

Steve
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 19 January 2004
I've used it for ebay. Its a lot more simple to set up your account and for other people to send to you. Plus they dont take such a big cut as paypal for transfering money etc.
Thanks Rob
                I am going to add a way for customers to pay online through my site but have never used Nonchex.

Steve
I've heard these are good as well.

http://www.worldpay.co.uk/index.php

Not tried them myself.

Nochex site ...

http://www.nochex.com/
Nice site by the way  Smiley
on 01/19/04 at 15:04:18, sham33 wrote:
Nice site by the way  Smiley

Thanks Rob!

Thanks for the links i think i will give Nonchex a go and see how i get on and if customers use it.

Steve
Posted by allseasons (allseasons), 19 January 2004
Hi all, I have used paypal and nochex and never had a problem , so go for it.

am glad that you lot liked my website and hope more people might start using my online payment idea if any one want's to anymore info about it please just ask.
Wink
Posted by matt (matt), 19 January 2004
we have discussed nochex v's paypal B4

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Startingwindowcleaning;action=display;num=1068299380;start=28#28

Posted by taffy_2 (taffy_2), 23 January 2004
GOOD WELL DONE ON YOU MATE
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 23 January 2004
Have any of the customers used Paypal yet Huh

Steve
Posted by allseasons (allseasons), 24 January 2004
HI steve, so far i have had 4 people use Nochex and 2 with paypal, all over £40 though, Its a bit like a cheque it take a couple of day clear in to you bank, but it well worth it , these customers live out in stick's and it must of  saved me £10 on fuel allready,  

By the way many thanks  (GEORGE the window cleaner assistant) his email support is great. i do think that every window cleaner will have his software on a pamtop very soon.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 24 January 2004
Hi Mike
         I think i will put Nochex on my site and see how it goes.

Steve
Hi Mike
          How does the Nochex system work Huh When a customer has paid into your Nochex account is it straight forward to get your money Huh

Steve
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 24 January 2004
Just have to set up your bank details with nochex, takes a few minutes then u can withdraw strait to your bank account  Grin
Thanks Sham
                    Is their minimum amounts that can be transfered Huh

Steve
I think the most people can pay in is £90, think u can take as much out as u want though.
Thanks for that. Wink  I will try and set it up this afternoon and see how it goes Wink
The amount that can be withdrawn from a users NOCHEX account to their bank account has been limited to £500 in any 24 hours and £1000 in any 7 day period.

More than enough for most window cleaners i reckon  Wink
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 25 January 2004
on 01/24/04 at 08:49:18, allseasons wrote:
By the way many thanks  (GEORGE the window cleaner assistant) his email support is great. i do think that every window cleaner will have his software on a pamtop very soon.

Hi Mike
         I agree with you. After using George with a palm for some time now i would not want to be without it Wink Do you use it with a palm Huh

Steve
Posted by allseasons (allseasons), 26 January 2004
Hi steve , yeah i do use it on the pam , had a few probs at first , but its great , should have done it years ago , only thing i dont like about it is you cant add new jobs on the pam.

oh yeah i just got www.winwash.co.uk i thought it would be alot shorter name than www.allseasonswindowcleaning.co.uk what do think?

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 27 January 2004
Hi Mike
         Good idea. I originally had www.lowescleaningservices.co.uk which i thoght was to long so when www.lowescleaning.com came up i went for that. I think if its shorter its more likely to be remembered. Wink

Steve
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 2 February 2004
Hi Mike
         How did you get your e mail address inserted already when you click on nochex on your site Huh

Steve
Posted by allseasons (allseasons), 3 February 2004
hi steve, insert your picture from the nochex site or make your own like i did then make it a hyperlink, i typed,
http://www.nochex.com/payme.asap?email=michael@allseasonswindowcleaning.co.uk
so when you click image it will send you to your nochex account hope this helps
mike.
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 3 February 2004
Hi Mike
         I got to the same page on the nochex site and put my e mail address in the box and then just hyperlinked it to that page but the e mail address is missing Huh

Steve
am going out will be back on l8r and will help you then.
Thanks Mike Wink

Steve
Posted by matt (matt), 3 February 2004
steve look under the

payment links

right at the bottom it says If you wish to create a payment link with the details pre-filled in then REQUEST a payment from yourself with all the details filled in as required. You will then be emailed a payment link with this information contained.

there you go, job done, i allways add under the box, all banks details are handled by NOCHEX, we do not see any bank details, just recieve the moneyand please include youe name and address in the details form, so we know how the money is from

people are still wary about using the net to pay for things, so if you explain you only recieve the money and not see any details, they are a little happier

Thanks m8 you saved me typing all that  Cheesy
Thanks Matt    Wink

Steve
Posted by matt (matt), 3 February 2004
no probs

i didnt want to step on any1's toes, but i am bored here so thought i would reply Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.