Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Bucket on a belt wet leg

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 8 October 2003
Do you use a bucket on a abelt Huh
Does your leg get wet Huh
Check out this site  www.tcc-uk.com
You can see the pocket on a belt .
Click on the site menu( top left) then click on windows Cool
What do you think
Posted by charlie1970 (charlie1970), 10 October 2003
I used 1 of these just the once as when I climbed the ladder the water went down my leg and if it wasnt full enough it didnt get your sponge wet!!

Ian F.
seemore uk
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 13 October 2003
just a question about the bucket on a belt. im wondering how many of you use it as a bucket ie carry water in it and how many use it just to hold tools.
Posted by James (Stooby), 13 October 2003
I tend to use it as a tool holder and still end up with a wet leg, which can be embarassing at times   Embarassed

Stooby
Posted by simonb (simonb), 13 October 2003
I only use as a tool holder.
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 13 October 2003
i try and use only as a tool holder but sometimes get lazy and fill it with water so i dont have to carry my bucket everywhere. this is particurlaly tempting when climbing over locked gates but i usually end up wet and regretting it.
Posted by Ken (Ken), 13 October 2003
Fellows, a bit of lino and some super glue is all I needed to eliminate "BoB leg"
Posted by fez (fez), 13 October 2003
I just use it as a tool holder. Still get wet leg! Undecided
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 13 October 2003
Have you had a look at the web site as it shows the bucket away from your leg with a pocket  in- between  Cool
Posted by rsaxon7 (rsaxon7), 13 October 2003
if ya put the applicator back a bit more carefully, you won't get a wet leg
Posted by fez (fez), 13 October 2003
on 10/13/03 at 21:38:34, rsaxon7 wrote:
if ya put the applicator back a bit more carefully, you won't get a wet leg

Some of us are born clumsy. Undecided

Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 14 October 2003
so those of you who use B o B just as tool holder do you take your bucket with you all the time? i know this is the best way but its not always practical, for me anyway.
Posted by fez (fez), 14 October 2003
I take my bucket from house to house (domestic work), but I leave it in front of each one. It is a pain though. Undecided
Posted by simonb (simonb), 14 October 2003
Better a wet leg than a wet crotch !
Posted by Rick (Rick), 14 October 2003
so....what are you guys saying? that you go up ladders applicator and squeegee in hand?

my old boss used to do that, cause when he started they had applicators and squeege's, but not B on B's. i did used to do the same thing, climbing up with the squeege placed on top of the applicator both in one hand. but using the bucket is much easier
Posted by James (Stooby), 16 October 2003
Yes us old codgers used to have to carry applicators & squeegees up the ladder in one hand before BoBs. Or if like me you could stand a wet arse the squeegee went in the back pocket with your scrim in the other. I still usually have a little squeegee in my back pocket for many reasons and the one I'm mainly using (12 or 14) in the BoB. Wink

Stooby

P.S. It doesn't matter how careful you are, if you clean as many windows as I do during the course of a day - you still end up with a wet leg. Tongue

Posted by classic (classic), 16 October 2003
carry your detergent in a sqeezy bottle in your pouch apply it to your applicator as and when ,use the bucket on a belt to carry your tools ,including your damp applicator.leave the conventional bucket in the van or near by ,wash the applicator betwween jobs ... easy.
Posted by James (Stooby), 16 October 2003
Today I was cleaning an office doing 1st floor window about 25ft high with a 15ft glass panel underneath. I set the ladder so I can soap the panel and window on the way up, then squeegee down. It is about 50 climbs. I started at 5am and finished at 7am.I used 2 buckets of water. You try doing this with a damp applicator and a squeezy bottle. Not so easy. Also not very profitable. Roll Eyes

Stooby  
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 17 October 2003
im with stooby on this. especially when windows are more dirty (and big) the more water the better.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.