Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

How'd you do in the Begining?

Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 14 October 2003
This post is for everyone.

How did you find this business in the begining? how did it take off and how fast?

What made you start in this business?

what did you find the toughest?

What did you first start in i.e. carpet, domestic, etc

just curious?

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by woodman (woodman), 14 October 2003
Hi Martin

October, 10 years ago  I did £693.00  Embarassed for the month

my records don't go back any further but I know that when i very first started I did, some weeks, a mighty £75.00. that would have been Lounge/diner plus HSL special offer at £25.00 total 3 jobs a week.

And do you know only last month I saw an ad in the paper for the same at £45.00 so I must have been well over charging back then Grin

Posted by petra (petra), 14 October 2003
Well I started 2 years ago, the reason I started on my own was, previouse business partner was ripping me off (no suprise there). I find it tougher now, as everyone wants me , for one thing or another and when you do both  commercial and domestic work it can all get a bit too much. My first eve job was commercial, only entered domestic to drum up more trade, but now I want to concentrate on the commercial side as things are getting busy.
But the hardest part is role changing from business woman to mum....
Petra
Roll Eyes
Posted by A_to_Z_Clean (A_to_Z_Clean), 16 October 2003
Hi.
2 years ago but profesjonaly as AtoZ Clean 4 months ago.
We do domestic cleaning,PC cleaning , and deep cleaning( end /start of tenancy etc.)

So fare is going ok ( i'm not talking about staff any more Shocked)

This week 3 clients for one off ( 150£ ich =450£) plus 3 new for domestic 7.5£*3 ich.

So my crap English is ok Grin Grin Grin
Adam
AtoZ Clean

Regards all
p.s. i put 6800 flayers in previus week Tongue Tongue

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.