Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

hydro mist

Posted by borg (borg), 14 January 2004
i am just going into carpet cleaning and have been told that the hydro mist is a good 1 can any 1 let me know if it's a good machine.
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 14 January 2004
MY opinion of Hydromist is DIY Wink
They must be reliable and cheap to buy because most hire shops run them. Maybe customers will be more confident in your ability if you are not using something they could go out and get themselves. I know all HWE machines work on the same principal but arriving with something they have never seen before must make a difference to start. I run Diamondback and Prochem Steemeasy400 (15 yrs old but looks very good as back up) and most people comment on the WOW factor when they see machines for the first time. Yes ... size does impress Cool
Look around for machines on the www and you can compare performance/cost/size and weight before buying. AND cheapest is not always best..........not when it earns your living.
Posted by Lionel (Lionel), 14 January 2004
I agree Hydromist is DIY, you cannot go wrong with Prochem, the Steemeasy 400 is no more but I would recommend either the powerplus, powermax or powerflo.

Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 14 January 2004
Hydromist also manufacture (or did) the President which is 2x3 stage and 100psi.  Some of you may be familiar with it as the "badge engineered" Chemspec Hydro 2000. A colleague had one of these, but found it a bit temperamental. He also had problems with the vac tank splitting. Apparently happened to others too. Something to do with the colour (dark blue) Doesn't happen on other colours apparently.

As you're new to the industry Borg, I'd go along with the others here and advise looking at the Prochem range and add Alltec to the list too. They both offer a comprehensive range of machines.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by Kinver_Clean (Kinver_Clean), 15 January 2004
Alltec do a nice 40 lt Aqua machine (twin 5.5" 100 psi shurflo pump ) for £1300 + vat or was last time I asked.
Beware 2nd hand mcs unless tyou know where they are from. They are usually well past it when the owner finally drags it out from the back of the shed!
Trevor

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.