Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Spain

Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 5 April 2004
Hi
Anyone know a window cleaner in Spain??

My brother in law is moving to Spain and he is taking my nephew
He has been cleaning window for 7 years ( since the age of 12!!)

Anyway is it a VERY hard worker and loves the job

He is moving to Alicante so if anyone knows anyone it would be great to set him up with a little or lots of work.....

Vince
VGC
Posted by fez (fez), 5 April 2004
¡Dice que se puede contactar Karlosdaze!
Vive en Majorca y trabaja como limpiador de ventanas.

Tell him to contact Karlosdaze!

Steve.
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 5 April 2004
!Ya he enviado el mensaje!
Posted by fez (fez), 5 April 2004
Pues- muy bien. Hasta luego. Steve.

¿Hay mucha trabajo en Majorca Karlos? Me encanta vivir en Ibiza con mi familia pero no se en que trabajo.

Steve
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 5 April 2004
Hay mucha competencia con trabajadores ilegales y que es la razon por la que yo tengo otro trabajo en mantenimiento de propiedades, reformas de construccion y limpieza de toldos.
Pero es un buena vida, pero el dinero es un poco menos que inglaterra.
Saludos, Karlos.
Posted by seanc (seanc), 5 April 2004
¿el dinero pudo noy ser como mirada buena pero del heno en todo el sol que usted consigue y lo hace no avridge hacia fuera como el coste de liveing como más bajo?
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 6 April 2004
oh dear.  I need to learn spanish!
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 6 April 2004
yes
god knows what the answers to my question was.....goodluck nephew!!

Posted by dave_carroll (dave_carroll), 6 April 2004
sorry phil what did you say  Wink
swamps
Posted by seanc (seanc), 6 April 2004
http://translate.google.com/translate_t

go there it will translate every thing for you
yes its called cheating lol

van él traducirá cada cosa para usted

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 10 April 2004
on 04/06/04 at 17:51:33, seanc wrote:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t

go there it will translate every thing for you
yes its called cheating lol

van él traducirá cada cosa para usted

Don't rely on those translaters, sometimes they get it terribly wrong, especially from what I'm reading in this thread.
Can I just say before I get anymore private messages from people wanting to come & live and work in Spain:-

1. If you work here, its not a holiday, infact work it is doubly hard because of the heat. (3 t-shirts a day sort of heat).
2. Like any country, they all have there own laws, one of them is to register for self employment. A jail term is not uncommon, whereas the U.K. is just fines. Employing unlicenced workers can lead to a 3 year jail term.
3. You cannot use an English vehicle for business purposes.
4. Although the money is not so good, it is in comparison to the economy.
5. The main competition is from the spray-on maids, which are paid around 300 - 500 pounds a month.
6. Usually you have to have an add-on job because jobs are not lined up in rows as they are in the U.K.
7. I cannot buy window cleaning supplies here, except vileda, and the spray on "windex" etc. On the mainland there are outlets, expect a waiting time of 1 month.
8. Wfp-ing have issues due to the high amount of electric wires pegged to the outside of buildings.
9. Start practising through security railings before coming here. Not all windows lift out!
10. Try & learn some Spanish! How many expats do you think are actually here? And for what sort of duration? Remember some are summer homes!
11. All in all its a great life, you don't earn mega bucks, but if you come over here with some money to get you through the tough spots, you should be o.k.

For anyone seriously considering living & working in Spain. Please buy yourself a copy of "You and the law in Spain" by David Searl.

Posted by seanc (seanc), 10 April 2004
on 04/10/04 at 14:01:44, karlosdaze wrote:
Don't rely on those translaters, sometimes they get it terribly wrong, especially from what I'm reading in this thread.

its close enouth isnt it ?
Posted by replacement (Justin R), 10 April 2004
Some wise words from Karl there ill say. We all love the hoildays there and that but working is completly differnet thing.

Justin
on 04/10/04 at 15:05:32, seanc wrote:
its close enouth isnt it ?

No, some of it is laughable, even with my understanding of the language. Believe me, a local wouldn't know what you were talking about.
In Mallorca, you also have Mallorquin - which is more like catalan, not castillan. Also a good knowledge of German helps. I have had knock backs just because my Mallorquin was bad!
on 04/05/04 at 11:30:51, seanc wrote:
¿el dinero pudo noy ser como mirada buena pero del heno en todo el sol que usted consigue y lo hace no avridge hacia fuera como el coste de liveing como más bajo?

Sorry Sean,
My wifes just read this, and couldn't make any sense of it at all!!!!

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.