Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Micro-splitters & Urine

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 28 January 2004
Hi all,

I temporarily kidnapped another thread with a question regarding the use of 'micro-splitters' in nursing homes and other situations where there is long-term urine contamination.

So far I have not had a suitable opportunity of trying my favourite micri-splitting product  under these circumstances. Due to the requirement to 'get the job done' I have kept to the tried and trusted methods.

Have any of you performed the experiment?

What urine/odour neutralisation did you use?

How did the results compare with previously tried methodoligies?

As to which brand of micro-splitter used, regardless of any mud-slinging taking place elsewhere on this board, I have tried both, and formed my own oppinions, so concider that the results from either will, in all probability, be comparable.

John.
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 30 January 2004
Hi

can anyone tell me which urine neutraliser works well with one step.

Thanks rob-s
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 30 January 2004
I wouldnt have thgought that it would matter.

I use PRO CHEM urine neutraliser

Mark

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 30 January 2004
Hi Mark,

Yes B153 has for years been my favoured urine neutraliser.

My reason for posting this question is that, even after neutalisation, the post-ammonial salts will still be present in the carpet. My understanding of micro-splitters is that they are salt-based (taste them) dispersants and I do not know whether the two salts will interact in a detremental manner.

Also, in conditions of severe contamination, I would customarily add an odour neutraliser to the solution tank as well as post-spraying worst areas. Here the concern is inhibiting the extraction process with the tank addative.

Maybe I'll have to carpet and heat my shed and piddle in there several times a day for the next few months in order to get a test area  Shocked Undecided Cry

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.