Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

how much should i charge?

Posted by andy (andy), 18 January 2004
Hi there!

I have a mate who works does electrical work for someone.  This someone buy property's every month but he needs a cleaner.

My friend said he had a try doing the window's but he finds it to much hard work. but he thinks i could do a whole property on my own in one week. I would have 1 propertys per week to do for how ever long.

HOW MUCH SHOULD I CHARGE THAT SOMEONES COMPANY PER DAY OR PER HOUR OR PER WEEK?

Any help on this would help me alot thanks.

P.S. the property buyer is french, 25 years old, very very rich and he pays plumbers and electricians about £25 per hour 8 hours per day.

Cheers again folks!

ANDY.
Posted by simonb (simonb), 18 January 2004
Trouble is you would not be able to keep up your windows.
What you are talking about is a builders clean. In Bristol buiders pay £12 per hour. That's less than the windows and your bloke could go bust leaving you out to dry.
Simon
Posted by andy (andy), 18 January 2004
he will never go bust!

he has money, and £12 per hour is crap. who works for that. i guess you dont know anything about london work.

could some try to help who knows what there talking about please!

ANDY
Posted by woods_windows (woods_windows), 18 January 2004
by the sound of it you dont no much about london work aswell or you wouldnt  be asking for advice people give there opinion on here and try and help others. i think that was well out off order as he was just trying to help.i to took a contract out with stanley racing betting shops and yes my other worked sufferd through it you never no where you stand with contract work and yes they could go bust i dont think its worth dropping your regular work if you have any but if you have and things go wrong with this contract work you will be introuble
Posted by matt (matt), 18 January 2004
caps lock  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 19 January 2004
on 01/18/04 at 23:42:32, woods_windows wrote:
by the sound of it you dont no much about london work aswell or you wouldnt  be asking for advice people give there opinion on here and try and help others. i think that was well out off order as he was just trying to help.i to took a contract out with stanley racing betting shops and yes my other worked sufferd through it you never no where you stand with contract work and yes they could go bust i dont think its worth dropping your regular work if you have any but if you have and things go wrong with this contract work you will be introuble

Good point, I completely agree.

Gerry.
Posted by pw (paul w), 19 January 2004
if it takes a week and is in london and is a house whats it called buckingham palaceHuhHuhHuh? Shocked Huh Huh
Posted by andy (andy), 20 January 2004
look people! sorry for being rude and stuff but i guess you guy's dont know how price main inner city prices.

The reason why he will never go bust is because there is so many companys backing him all the way.

AND yes its bigger then buckingham palace!!!

He buy's mansions and old hospitals and renovates them to offices and builds new offices on the river. That how rich he is.

Anyway besides the point. i have a rough idea how much to charge, but im just woundering if theres any londoners here to help as they are familier to pricing such jobs.

And when i posted this advert 1 week ago no one gave advice, so so much for this site helping people. ha!

and its happend on more then 1 occasion.

so i thought this is the way to attract attention to my advert.

ANDY.
ohhh by the way,

i'll be back later to answer to your comments so feel FREE to leave notes.

ANDY.
Posted by woods_windows (woods_windows), 20 January 2004
LOL I THINK YOU SHOULD SWAP YOUR LADDERS FOR A STRAIGHT JACKET Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
OK, GOOD IDEA!

Can i take your ladder as well whilst your working?

ANDY.

P.S Nothing personal.
Posted by mark_binnie (windowman), 21 February 2004
First of all don't let your other work suffer.

£20 per hour easy, if you make some good contacts you can get them into help. Pay them £12-£15 per hour which is excellent cleaners pay and make £5-£8 per hour on thier back. I've got a good tip so email me mark_binnie@hotmail.com
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 21 February 2004
ANDY
You dont think much of this site so why dont you goHuh

on 01/20/04 at 00:26:04, andy wrote:
And when i posted this advert 1 week ago no one gave advice, so so much for this site helping people. ha!

and its happend on more then 1 occasion.

ANDY.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.