Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Suite cleaning on wood flooring

Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 30 October 2003
How do you guys get round this problem I tend to put dust sheets under the suite but still find water has gone into the laminate now I will only use my von shrader machine to clean suites?
Posted by safecleanlakes (safecleanlakes), 30 October 2003
use tarpaulin type sheeting anywhere near where water may spray or spill, also be careful when moving machinery with rubberised wheels for any skid type marks on wooden flooring.
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 30 October 2003
Dust sheets are useless Steve. Use the heavier drop sheets available from Prochem and others or, even better still is the old cotton sailcloth, but this is rarer than hens teeth. Absolutely essential if the floor is polished is to use a polyprop or polythene sheet under your drop sheet. Mr. Safecleanlakes advice about areas that could be oversprayed is essential too, and make sure you stand your machine, buckets, tools, sprayers etc. on a waterproof mat too. Otherwise you may have  re-polish job on your hands.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.