Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Getting Barbecue grease off of glass?

Posted by recs (recs), 10 October 2003
as a relative new boy has anyone got some good advice for removing grime from greasy windows.
I have a number of punters who have had their bbq's set up near windows and greasy deposits have formed on their windows. I have used a scourer sponge but it doesnot do a great job and still leaves lots of smears , etc. I am currently using Ungers cleaning solution and I am impressed compared to the old Fairy. Can anyone help please ??
Posted by matt (matt), 10 October 2003
a good question that

i wouldnt mind knowing aswell  Smiley

just been out collecting and some1 just asked me why 2 windows are still dirty (down and up-stairs under the BBQ) i explained i spent 5 mins on each window and i had no joy because of the grease

they understood Smiley

then i called on some1 else, who said £11 every other month was too much for her 4 bed house with conserv (dont do 3 windows at rear because cannot get to them), so she canceled me Sad, been a bad night really Sad
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 12 October 2003
BBQ near glass very bad I have had a few like this, this year and they ended up burning the hell out of their glass looked like brown blobs on glass when I get them off noticed they were little chips. A big NO
I am a great lover off ammonia will break down grease with no problems theirs also bleach, Sugar soaps.
But I always hit with ammonia up to you though.
Been trying GG4 for a couple of weeks thats quite good but not sure what it is like on its own with grease.
Alan

Posted by fez (fez), 12 October 2003
on 10/10/03 at 20:50:57, matt wrote:
then i called on some1 else, who said £11 every other month was too much for her 4 bed house with conserv (dont do 3 windows at rear because cannot get to them), so she canceled me Sad, been a bad night really Sad

I think that you're better off without. I've said on here before that some people in the larger houses do not want to pay the going rate. I bet you could do 3 small houses at seven quid each in the same amount of time.
I have some small detached bungalows that take 15 minutes for which I get 7 pounds each for. I also have detached four beds that take nearly an hour and I receive £10. Which would you drop first? Exactly! Undecided

Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 12 October 2003
To remove BBQ grease use oven cleaner.
Spray on, wet down then squeegee off.
It works like a dream!
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 14 October 2003
how about brillo industrial strength degreaser. This stuff is the dogs !

Martin Cool

Get it from your local professional supplier.
Posted by Rick (Rick), 14 October 2003
i'll tell you what else is extremely difficult to get off windows........what about rendering??!! that stuff's a damb nightmare!!!!
Posted by taffy_2 (taffy_2), 12 January 2004
CoolTRY spraying brillo kitchen cleaner and wait a few seconds and watch the grease run

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.