Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Solution uk

Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 23 November 2003
Received information from them this weekend its along the lines of one-step but much cheaper you also get 30% off for being a member of the NCCA and free delivery i'm certainly going to give it a try as i've found one-step to be really good if this product is as good great its over £40 cheaper Grin
Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 23 November 2003
I've heard alot about one step but have never used it,does one step make cleaning agents for use in hot water extraction machines?if so is it any good?

Paul
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 23 November 2003
Paul,

One step, like the Solutions alternatives are applied direct to the item being cleaned (pre-spray), agitated and then extracted by bonnet or HWE useing plain water.

They do work - as to how well, oppinions differ BUT one thing is certain - this is minimum residue cleaning !

John.
Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 23 November 2003
Thank you john,which methods of pre spray application do you use (to give an idea of quantity used)and which method of agitation do you prefer to use?

Many Thanks

Paul
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 23 November 2003
Where I the UK are they located. Do they have a Website.
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 23 November 2003
Paul,

The following applies directly to 'Onestep' - I have not yet received any 'Solutions' but antisipate the two products being very similar.

The dilution rate ranges are clearly indicated on the label - it is a matter of useing these as guidance to adjust strength to suit individual requirements (extent and type of soiling).

Much the same applies to application rate - I use an electric sprayer and lightly mist generaly, heavier on traffic lanes and heavier still on problem areas (spills etc.).

As to agitation, I personally find that a relatively high degree is required (especially trafic lanes). For domestic/smaller commercial areas I normaly use a Host machine but for large areas, especially low-profile carpeting, I substitute the pile-lifting ability of the Host machine for the greater speed of a low-speed rotary fitted with a polpropalene shampoo brush. since the rotary is fitted with a tank I put some of the solution in this machine so that I can apply more if I feel it to be required. Care must be taken to avoid over-wetting since the product does not foam and therefor gives no visual feed-back.

As with any new product an experimental period is required to fine-tune the variables to find what suits you best.

John.

Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 24 November 2003
Thanks john thats great,i have been toying with the idea of investing in a rotary floor cleaner so now i think i will.

paul
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 24 November 2003
. Fintan,

Manufacturers' web site:

www.solution-gloeckner.de

They do have an English translation, if you do not see the link, try the"Hilfe" button.

John

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.