Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

What do you use to protect your Ladders?

Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 21 September 2003
I have just replaced some ladders earlier this year and before the winter sets in i would like to protect them a bit. What do you guys use Huh I have used cuprinol in the past but i might try Linseed oil this time Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 21 September 2003
Do your ladders not get heavy when wet  HuhHave you not thought about getting aluminiam Roll Eyes
I suppose they are a bit heavier but a bit warmer in the winter Cheesy Perhaps i am getting softer in my old age Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 21 September 2003
Have you tried window cleaner gloves for the winter  Huh
I have a pair just like new only wore them once , they make your fingers feel clumsy Cool2 left hands (if you are right handed ) Cool
I have got a pair but like you have only used them a few times as i cant seem to get used to them Cry

Steve Lowe
Posted by AMG (AMG), 23 September 2003
stupid question guys, but I'm new..  Smiley

I'm assuming that you draw water from the outside taps of each house? What if there is no outside tap?

Andy
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 23 September 2003
Andy
I carry my own ,I have a 25ltr container and just fill my bucket up as and when,I got my container from my local garage ,they have a car wash and it was what the car cleaning fluid came in. I asked  what they did with the old ones and he said that he threw them away ,so he now saves them for me and I  buy  him  pint . You can also buy them from www.cleantech.co.uk, or even use the large milk containers Cool
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 23 September 2003
Andy,

I've got a couple of 25 litre containers too. I got them from the canteen at my old job. They were for the dishwaser liquid. I bet if you go round some cafes or hotels they would have some, and as they throw them away I'm sure they would be happy to let you have them.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.