Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Problems collecting money.

Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 31 October 2003
I wonder if anyone can help or has had the same problem? It`s weird but when I go collecting my window money (and it`s always at this time of year), I`ll knock at the door and someone answers but before I can say anything the customer has fobbed me off with some sweets or toffees. Now don`t get me wrong I like sweets as much as the next Werewolf but this doesn`t pay the bills and the wife can be a right Witch about it. Hope to hear your advice SOOOOOOOOON!  Gerry.
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 31 October 2003
Are you dressed up for Trick or Treat Huh Grin

Just tell them you are running a proper business and as such need to earn a living!  Or get some new customers that don't think you're five years old. Grin
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 31 October 2003
U cant be serious? U gave them a price before hand? I think u need to be a bit firmer with your customers and tell them just what u told us.
If 1 of my customers did that, well. LOL
Posted by simonb (simonb), 31 October 2003
I bleed my customers dry so they expect me to dress suitably
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 31 October 2003
Am I dressed up for Trick or Treat! No I`m a real Werewolf. I was joking about collecting on Halloween. Let`s not take ourselves too seriously. Stroll on. Gerry.            
Posted by Londoner (Londoner), 1 November 2003
Are you really that ugly?
Try putting a bag over your head this time of the year
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 1 November 2003
Londoner,  yes I really am that ugly,ah well. I tried putting a bag over my head but with my 78" squeegee in my hand people thought I was the Grim Reaper. So I decided to tone it down and use a white pillow case with the eyes cut out  buy they then thought I was the Police.  Gerry.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.