Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

HAND TOOL WANTED

Posted by leerob695 (leerob695), 20 February 2004
hi just set myself up with machine van etc but my hand tool is leaking badly tried fixing it but no good
so i am looking for a basic hand tool at a decent price if you have got one please get in touch

cheers
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 21 February 2004
For carpets or upholstery? Portable or TM.
Ive got one you could use for either and is siutable for a portable machine. Stainless Steel, £45.. Mint, never been used.
Dave.
Posted by leerob695 (leerob695), 21 February 2004
cheers dave yes it is for a portable machine an altec aqua 40
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 21 February 2004
You want it? If so send me a private message with details.
Dave.
Posted by leerob695 (leerob695), 27 February 2004
im still looking for handtool  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted by jmj (jmj), 28 February 2004
The best thing to do is reach deep into your pockets and buy the cfr combo tool,money well spent i think.

joe
Posted by leerob695 (leerob695), 3 March 2004
ok no second hand ones available   Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
where is the best place to get a reasonable new one for about 100 quid?
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 3 March 2004
Hi

This one wont be too bad for a starter should come in under your budget good on edges of carpet i find and a general scrubber handtool for tight spaces hen you need to get on your knees,but as advised it may be worth spend another 80 or so and get a cfr, better for upholstery, when your new like us you want to keep overwetting to a minimum.

http://www.ashbys-uk.com/main/welcome.html

http://www.cfrcorp.com/commercial/hand.html

Hope thats helps

Alex
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 4 March 2004
Leerob,

The tool Alex sugested will cost a lot more than £80 more, but should recieve your serious consideration.

Your £100 budget will not provide both an upholsery tool plus one suitable for carpet detailing, rugs,stairs etc.

But the CFR tool, with a set of easy-change jets will give you an excellent upholster tool which, with change of jet will be suitable for carpet spotting and detailing.

I would not wish to clean rugs or stairs with something so small, but rumour has it that a widermouthpiece is soon to be released.

Remember that a good quality handtool will last many years.

John.
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 4 March 2004
I can't get on the amtech site but i think 180 should get this tool  Huh

What are you fellas paying for them.

Posted by RAINBOW69 (CATMAN), 5 March 2004
If you want a good quality tools for carpet & upholstery, try www.westpakusa.com.  I bought one from this company for £42 including delivery. The quality is excellant. I am a time served engineer, and the machining and finish is incredable for this price, Ashys have an equivalant tool at £115+VAT

Think outside the UK for such purchases, there are many sites on the web who want business. The last order I place with ASHBY's they say free shipping yet charged £12. Not worth the hassle to get back, but know where I'm shopping in future.  
Catman

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.