Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

BONNET BUFFING

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 9 February 2004
Wink Hi Guys,this weekend I was bonnet buffing for the first time,I have a ashbys sensai vey good,twin jets,
the carpet was flat no pile as such,I was amazed at the result of bonnet buffing,is this better to buff then use a rotary machine with a brush HuhI know for sure it was much faster,whats the best tips for this method Huh
Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 9 February 2004
Hi Terry
I have been bonnett buffing for 15 yrs. It is a lot quicker, but sometimes one has to get the extractor out for really grubby carpets. I use the Numatic 400 with Ultimate Master and as you say the results are very good.

Regards

Steve
Forgot to say i usually scrub with brush then bunnett buff Roll Eyes

Regards

Steve
Winksteve,I cant beleave I have not done this before Huh
I used a brush and just got a new machine with tank,
what extraction do you guys use Huh
Ey up Terry

At the moment i have a steempro 2000, but that is going as i personnally think heat and water on a carpet is a recipe for disaster. I am getting a machine very similar to the Cheyenne without the heater.. This is my view and i know other peeps on the forum think that the more heat you apply the better job. If i need hot water i think the water out of the tap is hot enough. Once again this is my personnal view...  4yr ago all i had an extractor machine for was cleaning upholstery and the same machine could clean curtains with solvent. Just buff Grin Grin Grin buff  Grin Grin Grinbuff man.... Tongue
Winkmy machine has no heater I do not have any probs Huh Wink
Posted by nick.solution (nick.solution), 10 February 2004
hi Guys wait till you've bonnet cleaned with a micro splitting chemical then you will really see a difference

Best Regards nick
Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 10 February 2004
Hi Nick

Micro splitting HuhHuh never heard of them.. You say they are good.. Whats the cost involved per 16 sq. yd... ( Average room ).. And where do you get them ....dont say prochem Angry
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 11 February 2004
Winknick tell us more dont know this product Huh
Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 11 February 2004
hi

wait till you see bonnet buffing with a op and micro splitting cleaning solutions.

steve
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 16 February 2004
Hi I used for the fist time micro splitting cleaning "solutions" Grin
Got samples and have to say the have done it for me.

Cream and pink carpets all came up like new the customers have informed me to night after i called them just to make sure thry were happy with the job as they are new customers.

Big up solutions

HAVE TO AN ORDER IN NOW.. Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.