Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

BRANDS

Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 7 February 2004
Without naming names and starting some sort of electronic riot, I would be interested to know how many brands of chemicals people carry on jobs.
I started in CC just using 1 brand, then got into 2nd but now i have found new brand and just have other 2 on van as spare. Wink
I, therefore, carry 3 brands Cool   ........ over to you.

*Disclaimer: It's not deep and meaningful, it's just a simple question without motive *
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 7 February 2004
Hi Chris,

I carry about seven 'brands', and a large number of unbranded raw ingrdients.

However, since useing your favourite products (better unnamed) I find that many of the others are used much less frequently.

John.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 7 February 2004
Hi Chris

I too carry some 'pure' chemicals but the variety of 'kit' chemicals I carry is down to six

Derek
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 7 February 2004
i carry 3 brands for all my cleaning tasks,but i also like to try new brands of sanatisers.

just like to have a change of smelly things.

Lee G
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 7 February 2004
Thanks for feedback Grin I bumped into old workmate recently who seemed to have no more than 1 item from any one maker, he must have had at least 10+ different brands on the van. I carry 3 so i was just seeing if i am abnormal.....or is he Roll Eyes
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 7 February 2004
Solution
Chemspec
Host
Envirodri
Extracta
and a few bits and pieces from alltec
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 7 February 2004
Smiley
Hi Chris

Prochem and Chemspec, no brand names on these ammonia and white vinegar.

Chemida, Chris the one I was trying out great on new and old urine, will bring to the sunny day out.

I just love like testing products going to give the micro-splitters a chance, testing one a moment (need to contact the other co for samples) I will then make a judgement decision.

Len

Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 7 February 2004
Just 2 for me also mainly prochem Tongue
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 8 February 2004
3 for me
Ashbys
Prochem
Chemspec
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 8 February 2004
See that 3 is about average and Prochem seems to be the most popular common brand Grin

ps. Dave , Hope hand is on the mend..............rsiHuh
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 8 February 2004
Hand Is getting there, but not ready to work yet.
Chris I noticed on other board you would get chemspec cat. Well worth it, I have tried their formula 90 with excellent results and use their traffic lane cleaner, and acid rinse. Both very good and great dilution rates.
Posted by Les (Les), 8 February 2004
I WAS pretty much Pro Chem only with the odd product on trial.
However following your recent DEBATE  Roll Eyes I have just tested another product which impressed me greatly as I was testing it on some 'minging' carpets.
No names , but I think I have found the 'solution'  Shocked to my needs Grin Wink
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 8 February 2004
Les, I like your style Cool
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 8 February 2004
Two different brands , Craftex and prochem but all supplied by Craftex,hope to be giving Solution a go very shortly.

mark

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.