Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

advice on starting round

Posted by deano (deano), 18 October 2003
starting from scratch canvased 8000 flyers little reply any advice also best way of trying to buy round newspapers etc
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 18 October 2003
Have you already put out 8000 flyers Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 18 October 2003
If you have posted 8000 flyers with little reply change your area. Get to know the window cleaners in the area, ask how much work they have, if they have enough ask if they could give any  new customers your phone  number  Cool
Posted by andy (andy), 19 October 2003
Damn thats bad!

For starters have you tried knocking and asking weather they need the service?

Did you put prices on your leaflets?

Did you put any promotions on the leaflets?

did you deliver them or someone else?

where did you deliver?

Answer these questions and im sure me and other would help you more!!!

ANDY!
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 19 October 2003
I find most of my work has come from referals. Trust me, thats the best advertising there is. I also offer - and read this carefully "10% discount for each useable referal". That means that if you get 10 customers off 1 client, you do theirs for free-its free advertising, and the customers actually get on the phone, to save themselves a couple of quid. Thats much cheaper than posting in the paper or yellow pages. It works!!

Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 19 October 2003
some things wrong somewhere 8000 with nothing much back. maybe your wording was wrong. even if you had picked areas with window cleaners you would have still got some feedback. if you want to post your leaflet we could coment or if not mail it to me and i will have a look

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.