Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

WEBSITES

Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 4 December 2003
Just like to canvas general opinion on websites for cleaning companies. Do they work? Should you get them designed by pro's? I have a website (all my own work)  but do not get much feedback on the impression it creates. If it is good then I get work and the opportunity to discuss views with customer. Do not get to speak to anyone that it does not appeal to as they go elsewhere. Be good to start a thread on WEBSITE OPINIONS, as long as it does not become ................... Lips Sealed
Be grateful for opinions on my site and willing to give opinion on anyone elses..........we all know what works best for ourselves as Soft Furnishings Maintenance Technicians Undecided
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 4 December 2003
I had one its just gone off-line to be upgraded
we had lots of hits from the usa they are good for information but that it unless your selling something.

Plus lets thie compatition no what your up 2

Imoff now the drinks kicked in hahahaha
Posted by peewa (neil 47), 4 December 2003
I,ve had alook at your web sire straker and it looks great to me down to earth and seems honest
neil
Not really giving anything away to the competition but some customers have rung me after seeing website because they formed opinion of me before call. Lots of people hate to think you will pressure them into estimate/survey and into having job done once you are in the house. They can form an idea of your business practices by looking through appropriate details on a website.......breaks the ice for shy people  Embarassed
Positive feedback.........aaaaaaaaah Roll Eyes
Be nice if anyone has similar layout or plans for site. Also like to hear from you if anything you spot is not appropriate or gives the wrong impression Shocked
Posted by Cloverleaf (Cloverleaf), 4 December 2003
My website informs potential customers about the service and cleaning process inc example prices etc. I advertise the address in Thompsons etc including links from other directories on the internet.
I cannot say that it brings in floods of work, but has been worth it from repeat business from a small amount of customers and one off jobs.
I would say £500 to £800 per year from website.
Just booked a £200 job for next week from it!
If your web site is welcoming, informative, professional and also fast loading (doesent take ages to upload) you will get work from it.
You have to make sure it is seen and connected to relavant links.
John
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 5 December 2003
Hi Chris

We had the same topic on the window cleaning section a little while ago which had over 90 replies. You can jump to the topic by clicking on Steve Lowes name below.

Regards

Mike

on 09/18/03 at 20:56:09, Steve Lowe wrote:
Just out of interest those of us with websites. Do you get much work from your sites? I put mine together a few months ago and submited the site to most major search engines but have not had much back from it yet Cry

Steve Lowe

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.