Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

how quick will a turbodryer dry

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 12 October 2003
How long is a piece of string.

Until i have recieved my training , i don't much a bout this sort of thing.

Decided i shall get a dryer from the outset, just wonder ing if there is anything i should look for in particular.

Cheers for all the help so far, hope i am not taking the mick

Alex
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 13 October 2003
Hi Alex

I hadn't really thought about the time ratio between using and not using a turbo dryer.

It does make a significant difference though plus if you are cleaning furniture, which can take in excess of three hours for a three piece suite, it helps keep you cool and more comfortable whilst working this is in addition to the reduced drying time..

Dries off area rugs much quicker when you have suspect dyes to contend with too.

For the price I consider a turbo dryer a good investment.

Derek
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 13 October 2003
www.coolcustomers.co.uk have special offers on turbo dryers at the moment  £179
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 13 October 2003
I did a qoate last week where a previous carpet cleaner had told the customer the suite would take upto 24hrs to dry, he does'nt use turbo dryers.

I  find most fabrics darken when wet so until the suite is dry you cannot tell if it's really clean. Often I will clean & dry the suite and then give it a final inspection, then I'll have to reclean  some areas.

I cannot see why any carpet cleaner would not useT/D,

Although most T/D are the same, look for ones with 3 speeds, a carpet clamp & a tilting bar.

Mike

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.