Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Christmas Cheer

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 3 December 2003
Sorry to mention the C word but its not long  away now  Grin.
What I find helps to encourage your cusomers to give you that little bit extra for xmas is ,
If you post a window cleaner cleaned card
Change them to window cleaner cleaned today with a pic of Father xmas on them with a little Ho Ho Ho as well You can do them on your computer.
Wear a silly hat , one that lights up , or one that plays xmas carols
Put a bit of tinsel on your ladder, it helps them to get into the spirit , anyone else have any tips, and dont forget to tell the tax man how much you made in tips Roll Eyes Cool
 Cool
Posted by matt (matt), 3 December 2003
i normally get 34 "your window were cleaned today" slips out of a A4 paper

Well on the 1st of Dec, i started using the Christmas style Smiley

i only get 4 out a A4, so you can tell the size differnce

It has a Happy Christmas in the Middle and either side a snowman and a father christmas

got a fiver today off 1 customer who was in and paid, Collection day is friday, will let you know how i got on  Wink

Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 4 December 2003
I never use any tinsel, hats, antlers, snowmen, reindeer or even mention christmas.  

I still get tips, not necessarily because its christmas, but just because the customer appreciates the service during the year.

Is there anyone else, like me, who doesnt do anything about christmas??

silly
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 4 December 2003
I usually do ok for tips without doing anything special but I`m underpaid the rest of the year Sad. Its usually the same customers who tip every year and I dont think any amount of encouraging (tinsel,hats) would persuade most of the others to part with any extra but I`m all for a bit of festive fun. With a name like yours Silly Philly, I thought you would be too. BAA HUMBUG.  Grin        Gerry.
Posted by Neil (wylie), 4 December 2003
My customers can keep there tips as long as they promise not to get the mistletoe out AGGGGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted by JohnM1 (JohnM1), 4 December 2003
I send all my customers Christmas cards.  I can buy 20 nice cards from Poundland for £1 and using the Pc create a message thanking them for their support and wishing them all a merry Christmas.  Putting the cards through the printer and printing this message makes for a really smart card and the customers love it.

A good way of getting new customers is to do the say same, but instead of thanking them for their custom, add "I hope I can be of service to you in 2004".  Put a flyer in with the card and drop them in the letter box of houses that you don't do, but would like too.
Posted by Cov_Cleaner (Cov_Cleaner), 11 December 2003
I've never been able to bring myself to change anything to encourage people to offer xmas tips. I think the bin men are the most disgraceful. In the days when they supplied weekly bags rather than wheelies they used to tie a knot and throw the bags in the wind 51 weeks of the year! Xmas week they used to present it at your door on a silver tray! I'd want the ground to swallow me up every time I said merry christmas!!

Having said that, I gratefully receive tips and I never say "are you sure?" because thats nearly as bad!

Tip on Tips: Why not add 10p to your initial quote? That would work even if the local dole dosser is doing houses for £3.50!! I know it's not the same as the annual beg though!!! Doe's anyone take a pumpkin out on Halloween? Maybe dress as a Guy in November??!!!
Posted by paul (paul), 12 December 2003
if your customers value your service they will tip you anyway regardless of what you do but we do give every customer a xmas card
Posted by scwindowcleaning (a1), 12 December 2003
Why do you have to declare your tips to the tax man? I thought it would be money in your pocket.
Posted by AMG (AMG), 13 December 2003

Ahhh bless!! There's always one!   ; Grin

I think John might have been making a joke there..  Wink

Straight down the pub with that tip money.  Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.