Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

help! builders clean (windows)

Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 12 March 2004
can any one help!! have been cleaning the windows for a building company for some time (new builds).

The windows have scratched glass because of concrete on the windows, well the building company has ask me if i can proved a service that would included
covering the windows with a film just as they get put in.

This film ect.. would need to be strong so that when you did remove the film.. it would take the concrete of in one go, ANY ONE Huh

Andy

dorset

fed member
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 12 March 2004
I suspect that they would want to have daylight coming in. Try your local builders merchants for "Visqueen" or similar, this would cover all the frames, handles etc. Its just plastic sheeting. Be wary of what you attach it with, ask for adhesive tape that doesn't leave the backing on pvc. It's usually a blue colour.
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 12 March 2004
karlosdaze

thanks mate Wink my first port of call on monday will be the builder merchants, if no luck any one have any more info..... would be very gratefully.

andy

dorset

fed member  
Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 13 March 2004
Andy,

Tell the builder that the company who make the windows can put a film over the glass during the manafacturing process

Regards

Steve
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 13 March 2004
Steve,

yes but the problem is that they will go a head with this (film) thing with or with out me and when it comes to cleaning the windows they wont be so dirty so will be losing out as i bill them for my time but thanks for your post all helps.

andy

dorset

fed member

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.