Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Help with office cleaning quote

Posted by camlewis (camlewis), 12 January 2004
Hi Everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

I work as a PA in a small office in mayfair......the current cleaning company are appauling but they are one of the staff's cousins. We have complained time and time again and now we have decided to end the contract. I have offered to take over the cleaning of our offices but I am not sure how much to charge. I know that the current company charge only £200 pcm which frankly shows when you see the state of the office! I thought that maybe £15 per unit (1 unit is the bathroom and 1 is one of the office floors) would be okay - the office needs to be done twice a week and I would supply all of the materials....am I on the right track?

Thanks

Claire  Undecided
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 14 January 2004
Hi Claire

Sorry no-one has replied yet.

Have you estimated how many hours work is involved? Does £15 per unit work out at £200 per month?

There are no hard and fast rules about pricing it's all about what you think your time is worth and what your customer is prepared to pay. I would have thought that a Mayfair based company would expect high standards and therefore be prepared to pay premuim rates.

Most people undervalue thier time until they realise all the hidden costs (will you be employing anyone else to help you?) The cost of ongoing materials shouldn't be a great deal (particularly if you buy them from us  Grin) but dont underestimate the cost of the equipment to get you going in the first place (will you have to buy vacuum cleaner(s), mopping equipment etc?)

Regards

Mike
Posted by petra (petra), 14 January 2004
How many offices, how many desks in each office, what type of equitment  is there in offices, how many loo's, urinals, rest rooms, kitchens, bins, will this included screen cleaning partition glass, telephone sanitizing.
how did the previouse firm work..how many hours per week...how many staff...why do you think they failed?
How can you improve on what they did (ok make it cleaner , but how). I estimate how many man hours per visit x wages +cost of material +cost of machinery+6% for bits I may have missed + % for admin & insurance +% for profit.
Hope this helps
Petra
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 15 January 2004
Wink
Spot on petra  Wink Wink Cool
Posted by petra (petra), 15 January 2004
It is nice to help new comers, when I started a few years ago there was nothing like this forum around, so it was a bit of a gussing came. But to thoses of you looking for suppliers, try our sponsors, they have today helped me out big time as my local supplier let me down at the last minute.
Petra
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 15 January 2004
If we had something like this when i started i would of saved thousands. Undecided Undecided Cry
Posted by petra (petra), 15 January 2004
me too mate

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.