Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

One Step problem

Posted by Eric (Eric), 13 February 2004
Having followed the posts on one step, thought I would give it a try tonight. Bonnet buffed some long corridors, first thought was this is good stuff, carpets do look brighter. When I walked back over the job at the end complete horror, corridors looked liked zebra crossings. One strip perfectly clean next one dull. I thought at first it was the way the pile was laying but it was not. Bonnet buffed many times before but never had this problem. What has gone wrong please.
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 13 February 2004
Hi Eric

Hopefully someone from One-step may be able to provide an answer but when I tried the product I noticed patches if it dried off before rinsing.

It seemed easy to solve the problem by prespraying the area again and redoing it and the lesson was obviously not to let the product dry out. Sounds like this could have been the cause in your corridor!

Not sure if anyone else has had similar problems - it's the first negative reation I've come across.

Regards

Mike

Posted by carpetmonsters (carpetmonsters), 13 February 2004
hi eric

i have been oping with onestep for about a year no probs. i hwe for two years before that no prob.

i guess the people at amtech can put you right

steve
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 13 February 2004
Smiley
Hi Eric

I think Mike may be right I had the same problem about 12th months a go in a similar clean as yours (not with the same product as you) it turn out that the corridor had air con which dried that section more quickly, as you not a very happy person at that time but I learnt from it, hope you rectified it and the customer is happy.

Len

Posted by Eric (Eric), 13 February 2004
Thanks Guys,

I am sure it’s not the chemical, I made a mistake by experimenting with something new on a customer's premises. I should have tested it off site first until I was happy.

I must admit it has me frustrated. Will keep trying though and its reassuring that Mike and Len have experienced some problems, however small.

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 14 February 2004
Hi

My first thoughts when I read the post was that it was a mechanical problem rather than a chemical one.

After Mike's post I realised that there are other possibilities especially as you use such a small amount of product during the pretreatment.
In fact I did a commercial job together with Steve Carpenter a couple of weeks ago where the heating was turned up quite high (during the very cold weather) and this in turn meant that we had to ensure that the product pretreatment didn't dry out.

Cheers
Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.