Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Strange Goings On

Posted by Silly_Philly (Silly Philly), 12 February 2004
Once I was doing working in a street when a lady asked me to do her house too.  Nothing unusual.

I did the house a few times, but the lady, who must've been about 30, got progressively weirder every time I went.  Then one time she absolutely insisted that I hadn't done the top ones properly, and seemed quite distressed about it.  So, against my better judgement and because I didnt want to be nasty, I did them again.

She was still not satisfied, and nearly in tears. I was at a bit of a loss at what to do.  I told her not to worry, and to go into the front bedroom and watch while I did them so she could be absolutely sure.  (By this time I was having doubts about her sanity, and really didnt want to upset her anymore!)

Did them again for the 3rd time.
She said that was ok now and paid. "weird" I thought.

Next time, I had second thoughts about doing them, but as I was at another house she walked past and waved so I had to.  

As I went in through the gate, she had placed a large  (football-sized) block of chalk on some silver foil on one gatepost, and an equally large lump of coal on some silver foil on the other gate post.  "Too weird, Last time I do this house" I thought.

I did the house, trying to ignore the fact that all the furniture inside had been thrown around and looked like the result of a burgalry.  She paid and I left.

A customer across the street said it would be best not to call at her house anymore, as she had some "problems".  Apparently she was a witch, and had woke the whole neighbourhood up at midnight the week before by running around in the street screaming at nothing.

I didn't go back!

[PS I have since learned that the Chalk and Coal thing at the gateposts is a witches sign, so if you see that anywhere, be careful]
Posted by Old_Master (Old_Master), 12 February 2004
I found this realy interesting.
I am sure the N F M W& GC would love to publish this story
Glyn
Posted by simonb (simonb), 12 February 2004
She was probably running around and screaming at the amount you charged her.

Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 12 February 2004
So you haven't had the burning incense in the swinglamp, and the chanting yet?
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 13 February 2004
Had a similar experience. Was cleaning an upstair window. The curtains were drawn. As I started to clean the window there was a terrible scream from inside. Saying "NO! NO! NO! and "LEAVE ME!".

I thought someone was being raped!  Shocked  I ran down the ladder and banged on the door shouting thru letterbox asking if everything was ok. She came to the door looking really scared. She apologised and said she thought i was someone else. Turns out she was a spirit medium  Shocked Nieghbour told me the woman had thought I was a Demon tapping on the window to get in.

I didn't go back!
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 13 February 2004
Winkyears ago I was hovering in a shop,and I was in this
small room,the shop lady comes into the room,gets a pair of a steps out Huhclimbs up the steps  Huh I keep on with me job Wink I am looking down at this point,when she says to me,could you suck this please for me Huh Shocked Roll Eyes

when I looked up Huh she had a filter in her hand that come from the air con unit Grin unlucky me Shocked Wink
Posted by Neil (wylie), 13 February 2004
Silly
Did you get the womans name?
She sounds a bit like my ex wife Grin

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.