Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Need advice on builders cleans

Posted by spotless_cs (spotless_cs), 3 March 2004
Please could anyone offer advice on whether hot water is usually available in new build properties and if not where do you get it from??
Posted by pristineclean (pristineclean), 4 March 2004
Hot water generally hasn't been available on the builders cleans which I've done, but its never been an absence that I've really paid much attention to as I've never needed it.

Any questions, please feel free to e mail me.
Callum
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 4 March 2004
Hi Guys

I have done a few and I always have a kettle in the van in case i need hot water.

Hope that helps

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 4 March 2004
Hi guys,
Hot water........... im lucky if the water or for that matter any services are on for the initial clean. Generally water is on somewhere on site but get used to cold water.

Regards

Steve
Posted by spotless_cs (spotless_cs), 4 March 2004

Thanks for the advise.

If you don't need hot water, how do you clean tiles and woodwork, or do you just use cold water or just dust?

Apologies if this sounds really ignorant, never done a builders clean before.

Jo
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 4 March 2004

Dont touch them if you can you can get better work and more regular if you go out and look for it.

Sorry i hate builders..

Barry
Angry Angry
Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 5 March 2004
Sorry Barry have to disagree.... Been doing builders cleans for 15 years for the same BIG company.. They pay vey well. Since last November been doing 3-4 a week. True it can be a bit of a godforsaken job and it is not everyones cup of tea. What i am finding is that they are looking more seriously at the cleaning and costs have been adjusted accordingly ( Better for me ). Plus the builders need us more than we need them, get on with the site forman and you will be ok. Back to the question of the cleaning just do the best you can on initial clean, by the time you do 2nd clean water should be on and final clean do the polishing of tiles etc. as hopefully nobody will be going back in.

Regards

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.