Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

A Water Fed Freeze?

Posted by Cov_Cleaner (Cov_Cleaner), 23 December 2003
Just seen the Snow post which got me wondering: Has anyone using a Water Fed Pole ever experienced water freezing on windows? It's been years since my scrim got frozen after a good shake. De-Icer in the bucket was the solution then! I don't go out too early these days
Posted by pure_genius (pure_genius), 23 December 2003
Has any one got a hot water system for water fed pole work?
Are they any good in this weather or does it freeze on cold glass ?
Posted by sean_rimmer (Dom Matrix aka BRODEX), 23 December 2003
Pure -Genius
BRODEX, OMNIPOLE and OTT all supply thermal systems, ie. heated pure water. They can be used in winter months, but remember, Thermal Shock on seals and glass and potential for ice formation on the ground are hazards worth considering, if you are thinking of making a living cleaning windows in sub zero conditions..!  
dom

how do you heat the water on your system ?
PURE-GENIUS
With respect, who am I talking to?You appear to have a vested interest in the industry and I have been reminded by the administrators that transparency is paramount if we are to provide technical information that is unbiased.
Dom,

I'm a Guiness loving window cleaner who does'nt want to recieve unsolicited mail from manufacturers selling kit. I just asked a simple question if you don't want to answer it fine. I use a simple trolley system at the moment and wondered weather I was going to have any probs this winter when it gets cold. Huh
Pure Genius
I'll ask father christmas to leave a heater in your sack..!
thanks but mines a guiness  Grin
Pure-Guiness
Sorry, only got heaters...!
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 23 December 2003
We use water fed poles never frozen in 12 months and anyway the windows are always warm if your customers have central heating will not be a problem.
Posted by Bones (Bones), 23 December 2003
Dom Matrix Dictionary

potential for ice formation on the ground = Make the ground slippery

sub zero conditions = Bludy Cold!!

Thermal Shock on seals = Bugga the seals up??

vested interest = Keen

transparency is paramount if we are to provide technical information that is unbiased =  HuhDon't bludy ask me  Huh

Sorry Dom, could not resist it Grin But just think how shorter and easier reading your posts would be if you spoke in our "common" language Wink

Mikey
Bones
Obviously flattered by the attention and may I mention that the unabridged Dom Matrix Dictionary is now available for £4.99 or £6.99 in hardback. Personally though, I'd sooner buy "Rogers Profanisaurus" which is a lot wittier and is available here.www.viz.co.uk

Posted by Bones (Bones), 23 December 2003
Dom,

You lost me again!! Wink Grin Please let me know or anyone for that matter, did you answer Cov_Cleaners first post on this topic?? a simple yes or no would be ok in my Dictionary

As forRoger Profanisaurus, I understand now why you would find that more interesting Roll Eyes Wink Grin

Mikey
Bones, if you were any easier to loose, I'd need a tow rope! Seriously, do you have a specific technical question, because it might have to wait till tomorrow, I'm exhausted blowing up all these balloons for the staff party tomorrow...! merry xmas Dom
Posted by Cov_Cleaner (Cov_Cleaner), 24 December 2003
Have I started World War 3?!

Guinness Drinker just reminded me of an old Irish competitor who used to roll out the pub at 11.30pm worse for wear and then go collecting! Seriously, he said it was a good time to catch them in!

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.