Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Emulsion Paint

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 2 December 2003
Visited indian restaurany tonight.

Long story but there is emulsion silk paint on brand new belgian wilton.

Used Stain Pro     Fair results anyone got any better ideas?

Thanks

Mark

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 2 December 2003
Mark,

Solvex should sort it out - apply - dwell (remember that emulsion paint take longer to soften than gloss) - heavy deposits can carefuly be removed with a bone scraper or blunt knife, then blot and rinse.

John.
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 2 December 2003
I had this very problem yesterday. It may not be just an emulsion paint issue.

Off white wool carpet. Can of Emulsion went over on Friday. Gave good coverage in one coat (about the size of 2 dining tables) Grin She rented a machine and removed the 'paint' element, and I was called in to remove the pigment. OneStep, soft brushes in host m/c and acid rinse (did I mention she'd overwet it on Friday?) Lots of drying, then treat with Sodium Met. and rinse. Repeated as necessary. I'd say about 95% successful. Now just a pinkish hue to the area rather than a deep blush pink all over. Customers happy enough. £500 insurance excess (don't ask) on £400 worth of carpet only 7 months old.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.