Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Pub Carpets

Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 29 November 2003
Grin Smiley Cheesy
Its that time of year again.
Lots of commercial work waiting to be booked in.

So how do you clean carpets with a lot of beer in it?

This is how i do it. Huh

1. Pre-Vac with host dry extraction.
2. pre spay with ensall from chemspec then leave for 10 mins.
3. Then HWE with prochem powermax.

4. If the carpet is really bad with beer etc, i would shampoo with rotary then HWE.

I would like your comments on this matter. or to find another method, i think i might go truckmount next summer.... Grin Grin
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 29 November 2003
SC,

Pretty much the way I would most commonly do it, except I favour Prochem Enzyme Pre-spray. If useing a rotary on bad sections, it would be mearly for agitation - no shampoo.

However I have not cleaned a pub carpet since re-introduceing micro splitters to my range ( I have blacklisted every brewery for late payment) so it would be interesting to see how One-step or Solution 4 would perform will give it a try at the rugby club after Christmas.

John.
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 29 November 2003
Hi Scotty

Most of us would work in a similar way to yourself except after you have applied your pre-spray agitate it well with your rotary machine. If you wanted, you could put your tlc into your shampoo tank. If your tlc had a particularly low foam, you could add just enough shampoo to your solution to enable you to assess how much liquid you were letting through.
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 29 November 2003
I never worry too much about pub business  If a pub contacts me, certainly I will not turn down the work, but I prefer to concentrare on domestic households.  Much easier earned money.
Fintan

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.