Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

Rubber - soft or hard

Posted by Slatercleaners (Slatercleaners), 1 March 2004
I've worn out my first ettore rubber!!!!!

I'm working North of Inverness, should it be the soft or hard type that I replace it with?
Posted by fez (fez), 1 March 2004
Hard rubber is designed for warm climates, so you'll probably need soft.

However, it is a personal thing so if I were you I'd get a couple of hard rubbers as well to try them out. I bought a 10" squeegee recently that came with a hard rubber and I found it to be great, it lasted a lot longer. Having said that though, I still buy soft.

I hope that this is a help. Smiley
Posted by doppler2k (Paul@FreshView), 1 March 2004
I used Hard rubber for about 5 years as it was the only thing my boss ever supplied.

Since taking the tentative steps of starting up on my own Ive moved over to soft, I found it took a little while to get used to but now wouldnt go back to the hard stuff.

Just to confuse the issue though I have just bought some Unger 3star rubber http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=190

Not tried it yet though, anyone know anything about this type of rubberHuh
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 2 March 2004
Paul, I think theyre made from silicone Huh They wear at the point where they touch your BOAB.

GaryS, We use soft Pulex or Ettore. We have tried them all.
Posted by doppler2k (Paul@FreshView), 2 March 2004
Thanks for that Steve.  

Was a touch dubious when I ordered it as it was priced cheaper than Ungers other rubbers.

Thought it may be sub-standard to those. But hey, only a couple of quid extra on my order.

Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson), 3 March 2004
Quote:
They wear at the point where they touch your BOAB.

I have had exactly this experience with unger soft rubbers.  They do seem to glide a little better though.

Philip

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.