Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Starting a window cleaning business - Equipment you need, suppliers to use and trade organisations to join, etc.

pole detail

Posted by james1 (jamesB), 5 April 2004
I was just wondering if you could let me know if this is correct technique as I have my first pole job comming up soon.

The window is above a small porch but I cannot get a ladder up to it. Connect my soaped-up applicator onto the pole and soap window and leaving about an inch un-soaped at the top of the window.

I would then connect my squeegee to the pole and just start at top of window and pull down. I would then bring the squeegee back down and wip suds off and then raise it again to do the over side (overlapping the first pull-down)

is this correct? What happens about detail work like around the edges and sills?

Posted by L.Doubtfire (L.Doubtfire), 5 April 2004
Fix a scrim or blue towel in an Unger Fixi-Clamp or balance it on the pole end and run it all the way around
the window,with practise at pole work you`ll hardly ever
need to `detail` at all apart from along the top.

( Blade Runner)

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.