Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Van Heater for wfp system

Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 2 March 2004
Is anyone having problems with frozen pipes in the mornig after a hard freeze?If you are using a wfp system could i ask what heating system you are using ive tried three different heating ways and none have worked apart from completey lagging out the van roof and sides.
All ideas appreciated
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 2 March 2004
Easy clean,

try a green house heater in the van works for me Wink

andy

dorset

fed member  
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 2 March 2004
Hi Andy which one ive tried one wouldnt heat a pair of shoes electric?parrafin?size?
Thanks
Posted by poleman (PoleMan), 2 March 2004
i use a Parasene Frost Shield Electric Heater about 40 pounds at homebase, my system is in a Ifor Williams Trailer (bit smaller than a van) had socket put in the side to power it, mite pay to try a Paraffin Heater if its is no good then most stores now days will refund you if thats the case. but this time of the year your ROs need  protecting because of the membranes being so thin.

andy

dorset

fed member
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 2 March 2004
We throw 4 big blankets over the whole system. We have also used a paraffin greenhouse heater. It worked well.

For our system, we have been advised to heat the water using the thermopure unit for about an hour in the evening. This is enough to keep the system frost free. We still chuck the blankets on though.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.