Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

black fly spots on cars

Posted by milton (milton), 20 August 2003
tried most things to remove black fly spots on silver metallic toyota without success,there must be an answer,probably simple but not yet found it.Will be grateful for any suggestions.

Bill
Posted by bjc27 (bjc27), 21 August 2003
OK - maybe i'm thick but do you mean road tar spots or are you really unable to get flies off the car!

either way, stubborn spots on cars can usually be removed with a product such as tardis - or if you can get hold of a polish that contains small amount of t-cut, then gentle rubbing with this will remove most stuff.

Hope this helps
Posted by milton (milton), 21 August 2003
thanks bjc27,spots left by flies crapping(I presume)look just like tar spots.Will try your suggestion,weak T-Cut sounds good.
Posted by Clean_Waterless (Clean_Waterless), 27 August 2003
Hi.

I own the Waterless Car Cleaning Company & our products have initially been disigned for industrial use. Our Tar remover is ideal for the application you describe. We also have products that remove insects & bird droppings etc.

Contact us on info@waterlesscarcleaning.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gary
Posted by Perry_White (Perry_White), 6 November 2003
wow this creep at waterless really blows it out doesn't he? everywhere you look, there he is!
Posted by petra (petra), 7 November 2003
I would like to sample his products as he always say's they deal with almost everything
Petra
Posted by DP (DP), 7 November 2003
Perry:
easy mate  Wink however I agree Waterless are everywhere. Perhaps its good marketing, but for me its irritating as well "solutions and input by selling only" is hardly contribution in the true spirit or the forum, however Admin dont seem to mind and I hear that the company that HE owns have some good products.

Milton:
Got the same  on wifeys car, it will come out with a bit of t-cut (metalic not the normal stuff) and elbow grease or buffer.

wax on - wax off  as they say  Grin

Well may be some of us could have some free samples so we can give our opion on the waterless products (worth a try anyway) Grin
Petra
Posted by BusyBs (BusyBs), 7 November 2003
ill agree with that one petra  Grin
so do we get the free samples  Tongue
donna
Well i have been dropping hints, told him that i'm in the anal region of the country (Kent but the rear end) and would like to sample products but have not had a staight reply...So Waterless if you see this we would like to try and then we may talk business.
Petra
Posted by BusyBs (BusyBs), 7 November 2003
ive done the same petra,
as their is nothing around my area either but havent had a reply yet. !!
waterless are you out there  Huh
donna
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 9 November 2003
Petra & Donna,

Save your typing - that arrid bloke ONLY wants to SELL.

John.
Posted by admin (Forum Admin), 9 November 2003
All your comments have been noted Wink
Posted by james44 (james44), 9 November 2003
(tar-spots) starbrites tar @ glue remover, wipe or spray on leave 10 seconds wipe or wash of  very good stuff
Posted by petra (petra), 9 November 2003
still no reply, but glad our comments have been noted
Petra

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.