Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Not getting the work due to my size???

Posted by exterioruk (exterioruk), 23 January 2004
Been window cleaning now since the new year, am trying and am very slowly getting a good round, i have tried all sorts of advertising, done fliers , knocking, adverts in press, fliers to put in windows the lot, but when im knocking doors, i dress smart , wear comany logos,very polite but it seams im not getting the results promised by door knocking, im thinking that its just me, im 6'6 and 22 stone, think i may be intimidating the customers, so have found that getting more results with fliers, about 5%, any ideasHuh
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 23 January 2004
Hi ,Do you work on your own or have someone with you ,
if there are 2 of you why not let the other person do the door knocking , as my wife says size does not matter , but I could see that it could put people off
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 23 January 2004
The best form of advertising is referals, forget about size, although attitude always helps. It always amazes me the amount of money people pay for advertising! If you do a good job, you will get clients that will use you again.
This is how I did it. Read this very carefully, I think I've already posted this before:-
"I offer 10% discount on your next clean for all usable referrals."
Posted by simonb (simonb), 23 January 2004
Use your children or a friends. Keep them in sight at all times but get them to say 'My dad (uncle etc.) is looking for work as a window cleaner.
You then do the quotes after they have canvassed for you. It works a treat- make sure you pay an hourly rate + commission especially if they are your own kids!!
simon

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.