Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Metal Deck Floors

Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 19 November 2003
Somebody made a comment on one of the Forums (can't remember which) that carpets and/or tiles fitted on metal deck flooring as used in most larger offices these days, should only be cleaned with dry powder. I strongly disagree with this so I've checked it out with other sources. Dry Fusion UK has stated that they have not only cleaned this type of installation themselves without a single complaint, but have not heard of other Fusioneers having any problems. I would presume that this would stand for other suppliers of low moisture cleaning too.

One of the UK's leading carpet tile manufacturers supplies products aimed primarily at the type of office concerned in this debate. They recommend the Dry Fusion System for their carpets and tiles.

Naturally, if there are defects with the installation, it is the technicians responsibility to take the appropriate action.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 19 November 2003
Ken,
I made a comment, in response to Trevor Ives post about "Job in Cardiff". I dont know which type of floor he was refering to. However I was refering to Computer Room suspended floors (Not computerised  offices). A few years ago I was asked to cleaned such a floor and the computer technicians showed me why they were concerned that no water at all should be used. Each carpet tile was fitted into a metal frame, which then fits into its own panel. Each frame is earthed to the overall structure. Underneath the frames was a mass of cables, plugs junctions etc. I for one was not going to take a chance with even a low moisture system, so I used a Host which did the job fine.
Dave.
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 19 November 2003
Perhaps I should have explained on the previous post that this room was the nerve centre of a cable TV company.
Dave.
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 19 November 2003
Sorry about the confusion Dave, I see what you're on about now. To be honest, every computer room I come across has a hard floor covering, and not many people are allowed into them. I would normally decline a job in this location. Many liability insurances wouldn't cover this work, so it would be wise to check before quoting.
Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.