Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

smoke damage

Posted by jmj (jmj), 27 January 2004
can anyone let me know what are the best products to use on smoke damaged carpets and upholstery?? I know water is a good place to start.
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 27 January 2004
Prochem Ultrapac Renovate
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 27 January 2004
as glynn said ultrapac, apply hot,let dwel,acid rinse.

ps dont forget the defoamerHuhHuhHuh

Lee G
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 27 January 2004
Smiley
What type of smoke damage is it?

Len

Posted by jmj (jmj), 27 January 2004
I don't know yet, going to look at job 2morrow. What difference dose it makeHuh?
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 27 January 2004
Smiley
Smoke damage is smoke damage so what’s the difference? A lot!!!

Cleaning of smoke damage, (carbon residue) there are 5 major categories of smoke residue, wet, dry, plastic/rubber, protein and fuel each has different cleaning methods and some respond well and some are walk away. So take care! Hope you are fully insured, you could screw up and that will could cost you, check with the customer what burnt and only test a small area first.

Len

Posted by jmj (jmj), 28 January 2004
thanks for all your replies maybe one day i'll be able to return the favour

Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 28 January 2004
JMJ

Take the IICRC course in Fire Restoreation before tackling this type of work, or as Len says it could cost you  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 28 January 2004
JMJ

Contact Chris Netherton at:-

floodtech@btinternet.com

He runs excellent courses at his purpose built centre.. He is also an IICRC Instructor.

Regards
Derek

Posted by jmj (jmj), 28 January 2004
due to the adverse weather i was unable to go today but customer has informed me that it was a chip pan fire in a student acc (no surprise there).Fire contained to kit only he's claiming on insurance so he can get carpets etc cleaned ( sounds like a typical landlord to me).

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.