Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

how many NAT FED MEMBERS ON THIS SITE

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 19 September 2003
WinkJust thought how many National Federation of Master
window cleaners on this site? HuhI would be very interested to know,how many interested in joining Huh
because next week will see a surge in profile for the Federation!across the country Cheesy inturn will highlight all nat fed members,yes all Wink
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 19 September 2003
I am a member Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by Bones (Bones), 19 September 2003
HI, will be/ want to be/  hope to become a member very soon!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 19 September 2003
Wink well the number to call is  Wink0161 432 8754! Roll Eyesthe trade show show next year is in april up north! Huh
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 19 September 2003
Terry, When are we going to get a show in the South again Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 20 September 2003
Hey Terry, I am a member, we have met before in training a few times, I am fine now just a slight limp, but I'll get you next time when you're not looking and put you on a horse, I know you like them!
Isn't next years show down South?  
Posted by Service_Champion (Service_Champion), 20 September 2003
I've just joined. Well worth the £50 and an extra confidence booster for customers.

Amazing how many people aren't aware such a thing exists.

Stewart.
Service Champions - Total Cleaning Solutions.

Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 20 September 2003
Wink steve I am not sure about when down south the show would be,one two years Huh the attendance is always greater up towards north, Huh

the show we had in portsmouth was a bad turn out,we this this was to far south!  Undecided yt it was the first time we got TV down there at a trade show  Roll Eyes we still have many places to visit Wink as a member you can always suggest write to the fed!your letters always are tended to!
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 20 September 2003
Thanks Terry! This forum is the type of thing i am surprised the Federation did'nt think of Huh  Mind you a big thank you to whoever thought of it Grin

Steve Lowe
Wink I cant spill the beans yet about next week,this will make sense about what I have been saying, UndecidedI did ask but they said no, tuesday  I will! Shocked
Shame they don't have a show in Birmingham so its a bit more central Huh

Steve Lowe
Looking forward to Tuesday then Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by acleanwindow.co.uk (acleanwindow.co.uk), 20 September 2003
Have just joined  Smiley, in the process of building up the business, it's great to find forums like this with information and help at hand.
Thanks to all

Steve
WinkSteve did you go to the NEC Huh
No i was tyed up with other things at the time. Did you go Huh

Steve Lowe
Winkyes steve I was there for 3 days trying to beat be me record,came very close,was closer in Blackpool,the nec for me is a very busy day people non stop talking asking questions,but thats why I am there,I am not conplaining! Winkthe fed have me as there pr person,ie if radio or Tv comes up they know I can and will deal with it! Wink
Posted by heritage (heritage), 21 September 2003
IM LOOKING AT JONING UP ASAP
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 21 September 2003
WinkHi H, Wink YOU CAN CALL THEM ON 0161 432 8754 TELL THEM I  CheesySENT YOU
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 21 September 2003
Yes I AM A MEMBER AS WELL , OF  ONLY A COUPLE OF YEARS .
THE LOGO LOOKS GREAT ON THE VAN.
DO WE KNOW WHERE NEXT YEARS SHOW IS GOING TO BE , HAVE BEEN OT 3 OF THE LAST 4 DID NOT GO TO POURTSMOUTH TO FAR  Cool
Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 22 September 2003
I thought the Birmingham Trade show was a good idea. A crentral show would bring people from 360 degrees, while one on the coast can on the attract people from 180 degrees.
Posted by poleman (poleman), 5 January 2004
iam a member

have been for 11 years

have helped me over the years

andy

dorset

fed member 006866    
Posted by Bones (Bones), 5 January 2004
Grin Grin Grin I'm a member now too!!  Grin Grin Grin

Mikey

Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 5 January 2004
Hi chaps,

this is my first bit of input to this forum as I only joined very recently.  I am buying a round in the next few weeks of which belongs to my local window cleaner.  I have sent for an application form via the website to become a fed member and I do think it is a good idea from a business and customer point of view as it will show professionalism and pride of what you stand for and when you canvass it is something to show that you are not a COWBOY OR DOLEY doing a quick job on the side which will give the customer confidence and also allows us to charge a little more for the quality which increases turnover and PROFIT.  Let me know if you agree.

Craig
Posted by Bones (Bones), 5 January 2004
I agree with you Wrighty. I've only been going a short while and have put the FED logo on my cards to say that i've cleaned and I am now getting asked what it is. I looked in the Yellow Pages for Window Cleaners under the FED heading and there is'nt any!!

So I'm getting my form back to Yellow Pages ASAP so hopefully I could end up being the only cleaner under the FED heading Wink

Mikey
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 6 January 2004
WinkI can asure you bones Roll Eyesthat the fed logo does get
used alot with the yellow pages adds,as the fed
has a hand in glove add scheme Wink
Posted by Bones (Bones), 6 January 2004
Hi Terry, I know the Logo get's a lot of use but if you look in "my" local yellow pages there is not one window cleaner under the FED logo scheme or FED logo in the box listings either. The only Company under the Logo is in Office Cleaning

So what I am getting as it stands at the moment going on the last publish I'd be the only W/C with the Logo or use the scheme which can only be good news for me! Wink Grin

Mikey
Posted by samm (samm), 6 January 2004
I'm not convinced from what I've heard about fed, but I suppose give them a try, best way to find out & only coz its tax deductible, any1 know huw much for the year?
I already have insurance & not up 4 renewal until 6 mths so hope their insurance isnt mandatory

Sam
Posted by paul (paul), 7 January 2004
IM A MEMBER Grin
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 7 January 2004
Samm
Its about £45.00, if you join now  you will have to pay again in June as thats when you have to renew your membership,  you can use your own insurance company , you just have to send copy of policy then again when you have renewed it . Cool
Posted by samm (samm), 7 January 2004
hello majestic
I think I may as well wait untill june then, cheers

sam
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 8 January 2004
I'm still waiting...................anyone?
Posted by AndyO (AndyO), 8 January 2004
Hopefully, I'm in the process of becoming a member. Put in my application before Xmas, but haven't heard back yet, or got a quote for the insurance.
Posted by ng (ng), 8 January 2004
I received my application today and I am a little confused!
Can someone please tell me why the NFMWGC would need to know if I have

Ever been declared Bankrupt or the subject of any bankruptcy proceedings
Posted by Cleananddry (Cleananddry), 8 January 2004
Smiley I'm a member of the Nat fed, nice to see so many members on the site.

tony martin
Posted by T_W_CONTRACTS (T_W_CONTRACTS), 28 January 2004
have just recieved my forms and will be sending straight off . im sure being a member will have plenty of benefits Wink
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 28 January 2004
I've been a member for about 4 months, and although i haven't had work directly from the Fed, I do believe that it has helped me get work, especially commercial.

Domesticly, not many people have ever heared of it, but when I tell them that I'm fully insured, a member of the fed etc. they seem genuinely impressed.

It all helps to create a good image. I think it is well worth the money for that alone.
Posted by nr_neil (nr_neil), 28 January 2004
NEIL FROM NEWRY IN NORTHERN IRELAND.JOINED IN JULY 03.GETTING A GOOD RESPONSE FROM THE ADVERTISING IN THE YELLOW PAGES WITH THE FED LOGO
Posted by pussycatz (HCS), 28 January 2004
I have been a member for 5 years and would recommend them to anyone in the trade.
Posted by WavieDavie (WavieDavie), 28 January 2004
Member 5679 - joined November 1990

C'mon then, who's all the old-timers? Make yourself known!

PS
Join in June, that way you'll get a full year's membership - or am I just being a Tight Scot again.

Posted by tam (tam), 28 January 2004
hello  guys. tam moffat executive council member.  Scotland here. glad to see that the forum members are interested in
joining the federation. The more members we have the bigger say we will have in all the issues that come  up in the future regarding window cleaning
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 28 January 2004
Hi Tam,
Do you know Karlosdaze I think he will be interested to hear that, why not have a word with him.
Karlosdaze, that is not a Scottish name as far as rember.Yu want to talk go ahead
So if its not in Scotland its not your problem
Majstic, what is your problm
Tam you said
glad to see that the forum members are interested in  
joining the federation. The more members we have the bigger say we will have in all the issues that come  up in the future regarding window cleaning

Karl has been trying to join for quite a while now and has been told he can ,but is still waiting ,I just thought you could help him become a member
where is Karl at this moment. He can e/mail myself and we can sort out what is stopping him joining the federation
Tam check your PM
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 28 January 2004
NFMW&GC
I would like to thank Andrew Walker for pushing the subject for European members on this and other websites. Many thanks to Martin Warman for his sterling work and for bringing the subject up yet again at the recent meeting. Even if it did get a little heated at times in the past, thanks for all involved and any commitee members I have unintentionally ommited in providing the result. I haven't been notified of the minutes, or what was said, the end result is Beryl will be sending me an application form in due course. I know I shouldn't count my chickens......  
Now to get listed on "findmeawindowcleaner"!!

"Posted on December 14th / Find me a window cleaner is now working"

Thanks John for the help, Beryl emailed me the day before yesterday, and my membership is on the next donkey out! As far as I know, I'm the first non-uk member. For the proof go to :-
http://www.robinson-solutions.com/
Shocked                                                      Shocked

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.