Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Product views

Posted by Ken (Ken), 18 October 2003
I'd like users views of the following kit:
Unger 'Bottle on a Belt' system - useful tool or fiddly gadget?
GG4 or GG3 Glass cleaner - what's the difference and are they really better than 'Fairy' liquid?!
Winspray Jumbo pouch - big enough or too big?

All thoughts greatly received before I shell out my hard-earned cash.

Cheers.
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 18 October 2003
Dont know about bottle on a belt but after using FL and GG4 i find GG4 much better to use. Its almost just like wiping off rain water and u dont get thick soap studs all over the sills, so i dont really wipe the sills any more just a quick wipe with the t/bar/sleeve.
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 18 October 2003
check archives there is so much about gg3 and 4. personaly ditch the fairy go for one of the gg range depending on the water quality.
Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Fed_Man), 18 October 2003
You can get the same advantage of Unger's Bottle on a Belt by using a sports bottle filled with your normal solution to wet your washer, keeping it in your pouch.  I don't like the idea of a trailing hose from bottle to washer, although up high this would act as security in case of dropping it.
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 19 October 2003
Ken i too would ditch the fairy and recommend gg3/4 although it takes a bit of getting used to there are many advantages,not least mopping up. i know it seems expensive especially if you`re just experimenting but wintecs do samples for a pound including delivery.  
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 19 October 2003
Mike im sorry for keep mentioning wintecs and scrim city when you`re sponsoring this site (well done by the way)but does your firm sell gg3/4. i didn`t see it when i last looked and i`ve forgotten your adress.  
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 3 November 2003
Hi Gerry
Sorry but I've only just found your question here - we'll let you off mentioning the other two as at the moment its not something we stock.
Will let you all know when we do!
Regards
Mike
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 3 November 2003
WinkI have tried this gg3/4 stuff I cant see whats it all
about HuhI find all it does it cleans yout hands Undecidedit reminds me of annarexitsoap Wink Huh Undecided I am not camp Cool
but fairys about the best,squeegees that do windows
make mild green  Wink Cool fairy liquid

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.