Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

my first big clean tommorrow

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 16 December 2003
Hi i have my first big one tommorow

they have a bogey picker- flicker in the house i reckon , did not say that though, look like sort of black gum spots pressed into the carpet. Shocked Shocked

Do you fellas agree on citrus gel on these.

All the best and thanks

Alex

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 16 December 2003
Nahhhhhhh Alex thay should come up with a bit of a scrape with your finger nail  Grin Grin Grin

HAHAH  No seriously should come up with normal cleaning.

Good luck with ure first clean mate.

Cant be half as bad as Wayne and Waynettas !!!!!

Cheers

Mark

PS

Seriuosly the black bits could be blu tac!!!  got dirty over time. Bit of citrus gel and agitated will do the trick

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 16 December 2003
got to say my first will not be the most glamourous introduction into this fine industry.

Its not quite as bad as waynetta ,but close, no vomit chunder puddles , but you could grow sprouts in the traffics lanes. Grin

I knew i shouldn't have advertised at the local tip.
Hopefully my clientel will improve.

I would like some of Mr betts lady in a thong  Roll Eyeswith a small stain on an otherwise perfect carpet
, did she go for it in the end.?
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 16 December 2003
She certainly did young man   Tongue Tongue
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 16 December 2003
Knock youself out

Have fun

IVAR Grin
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 17 December 2003
Thanks for your good wishes chaps

It went pretty well it was a kitchen and dining room , it was a mate of a mate so the conversation was pretty relaxed. The customer was happy and has said they will recommend me  Grin

One thing troubled me a little, because of my lack of oragnisation and my broken foot i had not got round to buying my ultimate master.

At my local cleaning supplier the nearset i could find was Chemspec one clean powder and chemspec trafic lane cleaner.
I was not that impressed with the result it did not feel like it was cutting up the muck as well as ultimate master.

The dilution for the pre spray was 1 part to 10 water.

I wondered if any of you chaps have used this stuff and had any advice i used it with 40c ish on the rinse solution temperature and the pre spray cold.

I am ordering my ultmate but as this stuff seems pretty safe i would like to use it up on cleans.
Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 17 December 2003
Hi ALEX

Should have been ok.

Mind you what sort of carpet was the kitchenHuh They can be  aright pig and i find u need the HEAT to cut through the rubbish in them.

How long did u leave the pre spray to dwell?  and did ya scrub it in well?

Mark

PS

Picked up my advantage today and gave demo one back. They have made it with 2 leads for me bless em so that means i can have the heat exchanger on as well as the other heaters  hahah steaming!!!!!!

Can u e message me your address??
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 17 December 2003
Hi Mark

Glad to here you got your new machine.

Yeah i gave it a reasonable time to dwell fifteen minutes  Huhand i did go a bit on the agitation  Embarassed

The reason mainly for this being my new brush had a screw missing and the head kept falling off. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed.

Quite funny actually the guy was watching me when it fell off , i quickly knelt down and said Time to remove the handle to really work this in properly   he seemed quite impressed with my dedication to the task;D Grin

All the best

Alex

Posted by MB (Mark Betts), 18 December 2003
aahaha  good one.

Did you use your Power Brush when u extractedHuh

Mark

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.