Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

What's your best blunder?

Posted by carpet_bright (carpet_bright), 28 February 2004
Hello guys
Just to add a bit of fun I was wondering what your best blunders have been within our cleaning businesses.

I have knocked a few pictures of walls but my best blunder was when my vacuum hose once came of in mid flow and I managed to spray solution everywhere.
To make life worse, the room had just been decorated and I was there to give those finishing touches by cleaning the carpets  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Managed to clean it up ok ( I think) and have been more careful since. This was some time ago, ta;l about learning from mistakes  Wink Wink

Paul
Posted by Happyeater (Happyeater), 29 February 2004
First learned to bonnet buff on our lounge carpet. What did I learn?

Well, I learned that unless the bonnet is wet/damp enough, you can burn big swirly marks in to your carpet!

They're still there.....visitors all wonder what they are and my wife takes great pleasure in telling them.  Embarassed
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 29 February 2004
Hi

Following on from the last post...never point a turbo dryer at a budgies cage...even at the other end of the lounge....

Poor little blighter couldn't stay on its perch

Naughty carpet cleaner Wink Grin

Derek

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 29 February 2004
Grin Grin Grin  Multi-coloured feather blizard  Grin Grin Grin

John.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 29 February 2004
Oh!   You've done it too John? Grin

You/we could sing that song by Bette Midler.. the one about 'the wind beneath my wings'

Or even 'Up up and away!'

Cheers
Derek
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 29 February 2004
Watch out for pine wax funiture

Of course  you would have all covered it before starting Huh?
Posted by allencarpetclean (allencarpetclean), 29 February 2004
In my early days put my cleaning solutions on the sink only to find out later it was a beech work surface, left some nice prints and had to get out a french polisher to sort it out.
Also recently poored dirty water down toilet (as we all do) only to see the water level rise and overflow onto the toilet floor, not very nice.
How many of us have also passed wind thinking nobody is around  then suddenly the customer walks back inHuh??
ENOUGH TOILET HUMOUR
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 29 February 2004
keith Harris and Orville- I wish I could fly

Shaun
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 29 February 2004
Shaun,

You've heard my voice then Cry

Don't know what Dereks' singing voice is like but the duet does not bear thinking about.

John.
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 1 March 2004
The "Bolton twins" live at Watford on the 31st of March

Last few remaining tickets for sale Grin
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 1 March 2004
John

My only claim to fame, as far as singing is concerned, is that I must be the only guy whose wife asked him to stop singing...

on his wedding day...

at the alter!!! Shocked

Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.