Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Newbie marketing

Posted by Drytech (Steve Barker), 30 January 2004
Hi guy's and gal's

I've been a carpet fitter for 20+ yrs and had enough, so i've invested  some money in carpet cleaning equipment. I've attended a three day course, so know the basics and I know the carpet trade pretty well. But I want to pick all your brains( with out giving away all your secrets ) what do you reckon the best and most cost effective way of advertising/marketing to get me up and running.

Cheers in advance

Steve

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 30 January 2004
Steve it would help if you filled in your profile. For all i know you might live 100yds down the road from me Shocked so me giving advise to you would'nt be a good idea

Mike

but to start, if you got a diary of all your fitting jobs from last year send them a letter telling them about your carpet cleaning service Smiley
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 30 January 2004
Hi Steve

Welcome!

A lot of topics in the past (and there are quite a few in here somewhere!) have been about leaflet dropping so I'd assume thats one of the most popular ways of picking up new business for carpet cleaners.
Yellow Pages / Thompsons is obviously another option but I know people who both swear by it and say its a waste of time - I'm not quite sure why it doesn't seem to be as consistent as leaflet drops which, if you continue to churn them out, obviously works.

Regards

Mike

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.