Get listed in the Spick and Span Directory

Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Money back guarantee

Posted by Drytech (Steve_B), 11 March 2004
Do any of you chaps use "satifaction guaranteed or your money back" statement. If so does it work. And has anyone actually had to hand the money back?
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 11 March 2004
Never in 5 years.

If you are dealing with what you think could be a risky client wanting something for nothing, be a businessman and Walk Away!!
Posted by Scots_cleaner (Scots_cleaner), 11 March 2004
I dont use that type of marketing as i can see the faults in my area with all the price shoppers

Barry
Posted by williamx (williamx), 11 March 2004
once tried Cry Cry Cry never to be repeated Angry Angry
Posted by Dennis (Dennis), 11 March 2004
Proudly done it for 15 years, only been taken up I think from memory twice and they were my fault for not properly pre-qualifying the job.
Posted by MICHAEL_GAYTON (MICHAEL_GAYTON), 11 March 2004
if you bought an item or service and was not happy with it would you not want your money back!!!!
mick

Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 11 March 2004
NO MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH OUR SERVICE OR PRODUCT PLEASE GET A FEW FRIENDS AND SETTLE IT

YOUR SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IVAR Tongue Tongue Tongue
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 11 March 2004
I do offer it, but client wouldnt have to ask - if I wasnt happy with the job, I wouldnt charge for it.
Dave.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 11 March 2004
Hey

Am I missing something here...

surely if the appropriate survey is carried out and the job is qualified correctly with the customer this (giving money back) situation shouldn't really occur... providing, of course, that a good job has been done

.......or am I being extremely naive

Derek
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 11 March 2004
Naive, Derek, vou ?

No you are completely right.

I do not make this offer but when I have finished and the customer asks "What do I owe you?", my standard reply is "If you are happy with the result, that comes to......".

This answer has not backfired on me so far.

John.
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 11 March 2004
Is that not a guarantee? you've done the work and then asked the question, Dave and others are just stating the fact to reassure clients before he even enters their home. Same guarantee but he's shouting it!

Shaun
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 12 March 2004
Shaun

Each to their own....BUT...there's always a 'but' with me.

Surely by 'shouting' in advance you are putting ideas into some peoples minds?

As a previous poster said implied .."to try it in his area would be a disaster" so I feel it would for me in certain parts of Leicester.  
Bookings would be taken whatever my prices and I would clean 'all in good faith' but if the customer has simply no intention of paying then I would be out of business very soon.
You could say I have very little faith in people these days and you may be right. You can choose your friends/colleagues but customers take a little bit more understanding at times

Yes, I will guarantee that I will do the best job that I can and yes, if ever they are not satisfied I will do the job again....money back guarantee...for me... NEVER!

As I said at the begining of my post.. if it works for you that's fine... if we all did it exactly the same wouldn't life be boring?

Cheers
Derek
Posted by MICHAEL_GAYTON (MICHAEL_GAYTON), 12 March 2004
just remember that when you buy some thing and its not working your not happy, they put it right the first time but still no good.the guy turns round to you and tells you ,you cannot have your money back.IF you offer a service thats part of it love it hate it Undecided ,a service is that
Posted by Drytech (Steve_B), 12 March 2004
Surely any guarantee must be based around the customers expectations of the clean. If they expect it to come up like brand new then they will be dissapointed. But I suppose you must enlighten them when quoting the job.

Posted by pre-vac_Nick (HolmansUKLTD), 12 March 2004
Never had a problem!!

the survey will usually cover any problems i.e permenant stains etc
Posted by Dave_Lee (Dave_Lee), 12 March 2004
Derek,
Your first reply was spot on! Those of us who advertise this guarantee know full well that we could be taken for a ride - its the chance we take. However the type of customer likely to take advantage is not the type of client I do work for - most people as you know are okay and as you said, If  properly qualified in advance there shouldnt be any problem. The odd exception to the rule will not create anything more than a minor annoyance.
Dave.
Posted by MICHAEL_GAYTON (MICHAEL_GAYTON), 12 March 2004
that is the key to survey the work. you meet them,they meet you,if not happy about what you can do for them walk away

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.